Garbage

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Purple Jungle, Jan 28, 2003.

1. Purple Jungle

Purple Jungle Founding Member

No rebounding. Missed FREE throws. Turnovers. Stupid shots. That was painful to watch. It did not look like a team lead by seniors.

Torris Bright would make a brilliant steal and then take a horrible shot thirty seconds later. WHY DOES HE HAVE TO LEAVE HIS FEET EVERY TIME HE MAKES A PASS?

LSU's offense consisted of "let's pass around three guys on the perimeter and let the shot clock wind down...THEN, we'll misfire a three pointer with no one underneath the boards". Awful.

Collis Temple, although he made some shots, is throwing up the ball wrecklessly. Isn't this guy a senior and in his mid-20's?

And finally, can SOMEBODY make a free throw? How fundamental, elementary, infantile, basic, etc is that? JESUS!

2. Hub

Hub Founding Member

Only one who played like a senior was Dupree....and he still had his bad moments.

4 years and counting for that to change

TUWho and -T- will eat this up. First time I am really starting to question Brady's coaching skills. What in the wide world of sports type of offense was that.

See comment on Bright above.

This part is ridiculous. You should practice at least 100 free throws a day when you are shooting from the charity stripe this bad. No excuse.....

3. Sabertooth

Sabertooth Founding Member

WoW that was bad

I'm not giving up on this team yet but the fat lady is warming up her vocal cords.

Just a few thoughts 3/8 thru the SEC season.

If Jaime Lloreda was the JC national player of the year and was thinking about going to the NBA - how bad is JC basketball and how diluted has NBA talent come. He is a 53.7% FT shooter. If my memory serves me correct, they mention he had a good outside inside game. I could be mistaken with another recuit. Also, what a lack of class shown by him tonight on the technical foul. We do not need that Thug behavior.

Has anybody heard Brady talked about Bright Assist/Turnover ratio lately. At least the last three years around the start of SEC play, Brady rave about Bright Assist/Turnover ratio. You never hear anything about it again after SEC starts. Anybody wonder why? Ray Charles could have a good Assist/Turnover ratio against the competition that LSU plays pre-SEC. Pre-SEC schedule 72 Assist to 28 turnovers - SEC play 20 assists to 21 turnovers. That stat does not included tonight's game. The bottom line is the offense starts with the point guard and the point guard is not getting the job done.

Temple had a good game tonight and finally drop in a few 3s but he sure did shoot alot to make those 3s.

Dupree was solid - perhaps he and Temple were the only ones that showed up tonight offensively.

Same old stuff with Brady post speech. Nelson who was shooting 28% catches fire and shoot 7-13 from 3 point range. News flash. Florida averages 78 points a game. We held them to 8 points under their average. Yeah, Nelson shot the ball good tonight but he did not lose the game for LSU. LSU lost the game because they have no offense, can't shoot free throws and their defense has too many mental breakdowns allowing way too many uncontested shot.

We were 4/10 from the free throw line tonight. We miss 3 front ends of 1and1s. Our free throw % in SEC games has been 40%, 44.4%, 58.1%, 66.7%,71.4% and 68.0%. For the season, we are a 63.6%. There is no other way to spin it this is bad.

Let's face it, this is an average basketball team at best in this present form. All the smoke and mirrors with the weak Pre-SEC schedule has inflated our hopes. A good indicator is whether you can finish the SEC .500 are better. A John Brady club has done it only once in 6 years and it will be tough to do it this year.

Let's try to stay positive and hope for the best but lets also be realistic.

Geaux Tigers

4. Hub

Hub Founding Member

Re: WoW that was bad

she's already singing.....we've just had cotton in our ears.

Just a few thoughts 3/8 thru the SEC season.

Shouldn't be too shocked at the FT % he shot 40% at JUCO in front of 200 ravage fans. He should have been ejected with the tech.

Agreed and interesting stat comparison.

Hate to say it but "Excellent" academics and "Awesome" court play do not go hand in hand. they are great examples/leaders to have on your team but not the quality of on-the-court player we need.....except Dupree he is unique.....he is probably the only player on our team who could see quality PT on another SEC team except for maybe Miss St (I just hate MSU and any chance to make them look bad i take advantage of)

Same old same old......excuses, excuses, excuses.....a coach in desperation.

FT's just flat out suck. this is a below average basketball team. I'm realistic......their is not positive....except that recruiting is going well in f-ball.