Garrett Temple to redshirt for the 2004-2005 campaign

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by inNickwetrust, Nov 11, 2004.

1. inNickwetrust

inNickwetrust Founding Member

2. conradj

conradj Founding Member

Saw that. I dont know if its a good thing or a bad thing. I guess its good that we can finally reshirt basketball players again, but nobody in bigtime CBB redshirts anymore. So maybe it meens his game isnt up to par yet. Probably the former. I dont keep up with Bball that much.

3. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

There's another "top flight" recruit we won't have access to...

I don't mind stockpiling for the future, and I'm sure the kid has GREAT character, and in the same token I don't mind Josh Maravich...But what TRULY TALENTED COLLEGIATE BASKETBALL PLAYER redshirts?

Hmmm.....

4. inNickwetrust

just speculation but i saw temple at fan day and the man needs some meat on those bones, he would get tossed around in the sec, just my opinion, he has about a 6 foot 6 frame with only 180 pounds, he looked like a twig, just speculation but i think he is redshirting because he just doesnt have the bulk yet to play sec basketball

5. inNickwetrust

oh yea tiger educated, didnt some mcdonalds all american red shirt last year for Az or Duke or some school like that?

6. blindside517

blindside517 Founding Member

One of the top recruits that was suppose to be a diaper dandy last year for wisconsin red shirted last year.

7. DDTigerFan

DDTigerFan Back from the Dead

I never really though GT was that special in high school but it could have been because he was overshadowed by his teammate Big Baby. I'm just hoping we didnt give the kid a scholly based on his last name and not his game.

8. pensacola

pensacola Founding Member

Maybe he just doesn't want to have to suit up for Brady, and would rather wait until next year.

9. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

I will say this...I don't mind kids of his character on the team...But he and the Tyrus Magee kid are total reaches at best...They don't seem to be SEC caliber athletes, though Garrett I can excuse because his reputation based on his father & brother are impeccable. He also might have been a "guarantee sign" like Rob Sale was for Antron Sieber back in the day (didn't turn out too bad for the Tigahs, there), to ensure a top recruit-like his fellow U High teammate Big Baby Glen Davis was-signs with your school.

Anyone remember Tiger Womack & Louis Earl playing for LSU? Wonder how they got here...;)

The Magee signing was because we lost Spencer Ford...or rather, Brady couldn't bring in Ford and still keep his job...A total stretch, and someone who will have negligible impact...Think of it this way...Ross Neltner was Mr. Basketball in Kentucky...and look at his impact on a poor LSU team last year...What do you think Magee will do?

I still don't hear how we can honestly explain how that kid from Lake Chuck got away from us last year...Bobby Knight came in here and literally plucked him in front of our staff's faces...How does that happen with the recruiting abilities of our staff. If we can haul in Big Baby, Brandon Bass, Tack Minor, & Tasmin Mitchell, why the hell can't we sign that guy?

All in all, we're pinning our hopes on an up-tempo offense...One that Brady has never shown the ability to design, coach through, or excel at.

We're pinning our hopes for this freshman class on a kid who may or may not be able to play more than about 12 minutes a night. We're redshirting another one...and the last one was a warm body who hadn't been recruited by ANYONE (Why would he still be there otherwise?).

Working a totally new offense with a round team that's used to being jammed into a square, slow-tempo, sucky offensive hole by a commandeering, bombastic, and totally incompetent coach whose proven that when times are down, he'll cut and run on his team, and whose proven even more insufferable to even those closest to him-DURING THE GOOD TIMES...

Smells like another ride on the roller coaster...Or, in terms of the Tigers, yet another LSU Basketball season, baby!

LSU Hoops...It's FAAAAAAAAAANTASTIC!

10. DDTigerFan

DDTigerFan Back from the Dead

TE, thats Tyrus THOMAS, not Magee. I really have no idea as to where you got Magee from.