Gary Crowton

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by DownOnTheBayou, Sep 9, 2007.

1. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Well I think you're doing a fine job.:wink:

2. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

That's debatable. :lol:

1 person likes this.
  3. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Nope. Not debatable. It is what it is.:wink:

4. CajinTigah

CajinTigah Founding Member

If I am watching a plane and the pilot is doing something stupid and crashed, then I can reasonably say the pilot sucked. Again your point is not made.

5. SabanFan

That would apply only if you watched LSU and saw Jimbo doing stupid things. Please tell me what those stupid things were.

6. houtiger

houtiger Founding Member

Well you hit my funny bone. There is only one game I thought was really stupid, and it was the Auburn game in 06, when we lost 7-3. Worst called game I ever saw. Run, Run, Run, with Broussard and Vincent both coming off ACLs, 1.8 yd/carry average. Scott and Williams nary a carry, because god forbid they were both "freshmen". We're sitting with Russell, Bowe, Davis, Doucet, and no substantive passing till the 4th quarter, and guess what, It Worked !!! No joke, we're sitting with 3 first-round NFL picks in the passing game, and we're running two Jr. backs coming off ACLs and not in good shape.

Very frustrating IMO, the most frustrated I've been as a Tiger fan since the days of, .... dare I say it, .... oh hell yea, .... Curly Hallman!!!! And that's frustrated baby!!! I've railed against this game before, and it is what it is.

Now in general, I was not that frustrated by Jimbo's play callling, but sometimes it seemed stale and over conservative. But this game "could" have cost us the opportunity to play for a national championship. I would have loved to play Florida at the end of the season for all the marbles, and I think it would have been a whale of a game.

Do you get a gold watch for 2,500 posts? just planning a little ahead... :)

1 person likes this.
  7. CajinTigah

CajinTigah Founding Member

First off I never bashed Jimbo, I thought he was a pretty good coach. Crowton may or may not be better, but so far I am impressed. What I was bashing is your idiotic way of thinking that only an expert in a particular field is qualified to opine on the short comings of what they are seeing. I don't need to be a cook to know when food sucks, I don't have to be a Div I head coach to know when play calling is stale and unimaginative.

Geez, my 9 year old daughter knew what audible was called. Wonder if the other coaches had a clue.

8. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Our Oline's stance gave away run/pass too. Crowton changed that.

9. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

O!, to be right...

10. SabanFan

Well, I have to disagree. It may be stale and unimaginative in your opinion, but you are an outsider and a layman not privy to all of the information/factors that goes into game planning and play calling. I'm sure Jimbo could have given many valid reasons as to why plays are called in certain situations.

I watched the 2000 LSU Miss State game last night (a 45-38 LSU win) and Jimbo's play calling was a huge factor in that win.