Gary Crowton

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by SonnyLoco, Nov 27, 2010.

1. SonnyLoco

SonnyLoco Founding Member

Does anyone know if he has any offers to go coach elsewhere? Seriously...I'm not being a jerk...I just can't watch another year where we have no identity on offense and we just don't play to our strengths...or even have a "strength" for that matter.

If anyone can make me understand the method to his madness...fire away.

2. P&G_wheelz007

P&G_wheelz007 Football anyone?

3 questions for the group:

1.) Does JJ usually do pretty well rolling out? I mean if he tucks and runs and picks up 4 yards it's a good play, right?

2.) Was Arky pressuring him all night long? Lot's of blitzes and that one DE blew by Barksdale several times.

3.) How many times did we roll JJ out tonight?

3. LSU-SIU

LSU-SIU Founding Member

The offense has been a mess for years. It's not going to be a quick fix, you have to do an overhaul.

As far as the rolls out, only so far that works in the SEC. Eventually, once the DC knows 80% of your non-existent passing game is either WR screens or rollouts... well those things stop working.

At the end of the day, you have to be able to throw it down the field and hit players 15-20 times a game in stride and on time.

LSU is an opposing DC's wet dream.

4. SonnyLoco

SonnyLoco Founding Member

:insane:
    \e

We tried to FORCE JJ to become a pocket passer on the 12th game of the season in my opinion. AND...we didn't run Ridley enough against one of the worst run defenses in the conference. It's the reverse psychology of Crowton...confuse em by playing into their strengths...they will never think that we are going to be doing that!! :insane:

5. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

I dont care if its bfe high he needs to be shown the door at LSU... better yet he should arrive home to a prepacked u-haul. Unfortanately this wont happen... he'll be back next season and with a young defense AND a young offense with an inept senior QB ikt'll be more 3 and outs and more losses.

6. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Miami needs a head coach. Maybe we can start a letter campaign to the Miami AD.

7. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

At last, you are gaining wisdom, Grasshoppa.

8. dmeaux

dmeaux Founding Member

i wonder what Crowton would have done with Oregon's quarterback? we had the QB until Miles decided that Darron Thomas wasn't QB material.

plus, who's fault is it that we signed Zach Lee a top tier baseball prospect and expected him to stay at LSU and not turn pro?

1 person likes this.
  9. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

There is a ULL rumor out there.

10. locoguano

locoguano Founding Member

Please, God, NO!