Gary Crowton

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by SonnyLoco, Nov 27, 2010.

1. Sam1975

Sam1975 Veteran Member

If you let Crowton go now it should not take a couple of seasons to build an Offense.Right now you have a stock pile of talent at all the skilled positions and more talent in this Recruiting Class. it comes down to the QB position and who is pulling the trigger. You have the Coaches meeting before Spring Ball ,then you work on it on the field ,then Summer Camp to fine tune.
    For those that want to make a couple of seasons rebuilding,consider this.Granted Auburn has a tremendous QB running the offense,but it is the same Offense he developed for High School players,once you get through all the motion that he runs you realize the beauty of it is how well coached the players are and how well they execute the basics(trapping by the line precise route running).

2. Kurtis Bleaux

Kurtis Bleaux Founding Member

Regardless of why, the offense failed to produce again. You can blame it on anything including the QB, but he is the boss of the offense, and if you don't get the job done, you get canned. That's the reality of the workforce I live in, why should it be any different in college football?

3. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

As I had said before, maybe things had finally started to click under Crowtons watch, but it was painfully apparent that isn't the case. His game plan for this game was as vanilla as can be, trying to live off of the underneath, grind out the clock stuff just wasn't working. He failed to ever really try to spread it out and go down field to open up the O, no excuse. That said, we really are just a QB away from having a good O, Miles has a difficult decision to make. As much as I agree GC needs to go how much do we risk setting the O back a yr or 2 with a new OC? Not sure which is a worse case. I think if we have a real QB he stays 1 more yr.

4. Blue TurboDog

Blue TurboDog GeauxTigersGo

He's the problem. We have "good QB's". IF he stays, he will make Mettenberger (if he comes) look average too. It's his M.O. History proves this at every stop he is at. LSU resigns Crowton, and this program will lose a lot of momentum and support. It's a fact. I wish Crowton nothing but the best, but he's been given more than enough time to be successful. We can run an offense with a new OC that is blended off what we have now, much like in 2007. Remember, we won an NC in a new OC's first year. So that argument doesn't hold much merit with me, personally.

5. LEGACY TIGER

Not going to disagree with. It's just that with the talent we have returning and next yrs schedule, this team is primed to make a MNC run. The SECw will still be strong but AU and Ark are going to fall some, and the SECe will be better but still behind the SECw. We will be a top 10 preseason and ready to take it all. Miles will do what is best for next season.

6. Blue TurboDog

I thought this was the last year of Gary's contract, is he signed through next year guaranteed?

Is this why there are such strong rumors of us trying to get him a new gig?

My fear is that the only way Les can get rid of him is if he finds a new job, if not we are stuck with him, because the admin won't buy him out?

7. MBTigah

MBTigah Myrtle Beach Tiger Fan

I'm not gonna bash Crowton, but I do think that there needs to be some changes on the offensive side of the ball. Everyone needs to be accountable.

8. lsudolemite

lsudolemite CodeJockey Extraordinaire

I used to think this was the case, but the more I thought about it, it doesn't make any sense for the AD to piss off their $4M/yr head coach to be cheapskates with an assistant making $400K/yr. I think Les would rather not have to play the bad guy and fire him outright, but if Crowton doesn't take the hint, then I don't see Les putting his job in future jeopardy by keeping him.

As far as fear of setting back the offense goes, how much further can it possibly be set back? 120th in total offense instead of 100-ish? I don't buy that replacing non-performing assistants is somehow going to upset the apple cart all that much. We won an NC while Crowton was still unpacking boxes. An experienced QB coach will do Lee (and possibly Jefferson) a world of good. And at some point you have to start looking to the future, and if we get Mett and Rivers I don't want Crowton within 500 feet of either of them for the sake of their careers.

9. Blue TurboDog

I agree with you 100%! :thumb:

10. LEGACY TIGER

Can't say I disagree, but no matter what we think it will still be a decision that Miles has to make, and he will only make the decision he feels is best for next yr. Yes, we do have to look to the future, but there are a lot of reasons why next yr could be the yr. We won 10 games with one of the worst O's in college football, next yr we have a lot of returning talent on both sides of the ball, and our schedule is friendlier with some of our toughest SEC opponents at home. It won't be an easy decision, and if he decides to retain GC I won't be surprised.