Gary Crowton

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by SonnyLoco, Nov 27, 2010.

1. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I can dig it, but why do they suck, and then show greatness, then suck, then suck, then suck, then suck, then show greatness, then suck, then suck.

The plays are there, our quarterbacks just cannot make them on a consistent basis. I don't think Mike Shanahan could turn Jordan Jefferson into a consistent quarterback.

2. MobileBengal

MobileBengal Founding Member

I think Jimbo Fisher could have. Gary Crowton obviously can't.

3. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

FAULT is not the issue. The question is whose RESPONSIBILITY this is.

Crowton is responsible for offensive production. He has underperformed for three straight years.

The quarterbacks are responsible for passing efficiency. They have underperformed for three straight years.

LSU needs upgrades at OC and QB.

4. LaSalleAve

I agree.

5. mcstraycat

mcstraycat Founding Member

This
    +1

The stats tell the story.

6. lsudolemite

lsudolemite CodeJockey Extraordinaire

Is Crowton incompetent as an OC? There's no doubt anymore IMO. Do we need better QBs? Absolutely. But the difference is this isn't the NFL, where a good trade or good draft pick can drastically improve productivity. We can replace bad coaches, but we are stuck with Lee and Jefferson, and our QB recruits will all be "projects" to some degree due to the level of competition. All I'm saying is OC is a position that can be upgraded in relatively short order, and is something entirely within Les' control.

7. Bengal Buddy

Bengal Buddy Founding Member

I don't care where he goes as long as he goes, particularly if he takes Studrawa with him.

8. ThePhenom74

ThePhenom74 Founding Member

I totally agree. The OC must call better plays. He also needs to tailor the O more to the strength of the players he has. I think with good QB play Crowton is great, but he cant cater things to what he has.

The QBs have to put in the time to improve. They have to take this like a job in order to make better decisions.

I still dont get how many dont put any blame on Miles? He is the orechestrator of the whole thing. He oversees things, this is three straight years of squeeking by nearly every game. Three years of losing focus at seasons end. He is just as big a part of it all. I know he is here to stay unless he goes to UM or possibly CU. Which honestly Im hoping. I love him as a person, but not sold on him as a coach.

Coach Stud has to go. I think he is the biggest flaw in this whole scenario. The OL has been very poor or inconsistent under his watch. Better line play makes things much easier for the OC and QB.

9. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Responsibility again. The QB is responsible for passing and has failed. The OC is responsible for offense and has failed. The head coach is responsible for winning . . . and Les has not failed at this.

10. LaSalleAve

You know what man, that is a good way to put it.... i may have to steal that from you in the future.