Gas Prices

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by PURPLE TIGER, Feb 15, 2012.

1. martin

martin Banned Forever

Hi prices are not a crisis. Especially if you work in the oil industry. You like to say things are crises to justify boondoggles and communist controls

2. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Not to someone who rides the subway. Your detachment from reality is showing. People who drive for a living and those with long auto commutes find it to be a crisis. Our economy finds it to be a crisis. Do you ever read the news?

3. martin

martin Banned Forever

Again, you are not entitled to whatever you want. Europe pays way more for gas and they don't consider it a crisis. And high prices are great for people developing alternative energy, which you think is important.

You are selfish. If you were a laborer in the oil industry you would love high prices. Things cost what they cost grow a pair and deal with it.

4. martin

martin Banned Forever

right. see, i have no chance to ever be able to afford a backyard in new york. cant really have pets easily. but i dont buy gas. of all my friends here, only one owns a home, and she paid a million dollars for it. but she doesnt buy gasoline. and my mcdonalds costs more than your mcdonalds. and my cost of living is different. some thing are cheaper, some are far more expensive. we all make choices. you shouldnt endeavor to control oil prices any more than i should try to control rent pice, even though a comparable apartment to mine in baton rouge is 1/3 the cost.

so quit your bitchin, dudes. you are the one who chose to live somewhere where you have to commute. enjoy your dirt cheap house payments and your massive homes and backyards.

mancha likes this.
  5. red55

Irrelevant attempt to derail. Get on the topic, chief.

They pay way more in gas TAXES, which is why their gas is higher. It subsidized very good train systems that we don't have.

What a lame attempt to defend high gas prices. You advocate something that you are on record as opposing.

You are child, martin. All grown up but still a child.

6. martin

martin Banned Forever

none of that was an argument. gas prices are what they are. if you want to complain, bully for you, but if you have plans to "fix" the "problem" then is will definitely be counterproductive. so complain away. gas prices do not bother me. they might bother you, but you see everything as a problem to solve with bigger and bigger government.

but when someone sells something, the high price is just as good for the seller as it is bad for the buyer. so there is nothing to solve, no problem to fix.

7. gyver

gyver Rely on yourself not on others.

i'm gonna modify my truck to run on natural gas and start eating more beans. if we can get our spending under control and curb inflation and increase refining gas prices will drop. a strong dollar and weak euro will be very important to our country.

8. red55

Sailing trucks are the answer, Matey . . . and I'd like to talk to you about an investment opportunity . . .

[​IMG]

gyver likes this.
  9. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Basically oil companies are like good herion dealers. You go in and you make sure you get it to where your product is a must have. Their life depends on it, then you jack up the prices.

10. martin

martin Banned Forever

Correct. And the smart man never depends on it.