Gas Prices

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by PURPLE TIGER, Feb 15, 2012.

1. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Typical brainless hate rant.

International oil prices are not influenced much by domestic US policy. The oil companies are multinational corporations. The Saudis keep pumping and the Chinese and Europeans keep buying. Oil prices float based on supply and demand. Period.

No facts, no figures, no evidence, no citations.

2. PURPLE TIGER

PURPLE TIGER HOPE is not a strategy!

Once again you don't mind an insult by telling someone they're unintelligent, uninformed, or need to watch the news but when someone responds to you then you're offened.

Let me spell it for you again...

hy·poc·ri·sy

   /hɪˈpɒkrəsi/ Show Spelled[hi-pok-ruh-see] Show IPA
    noun, plural -sies. 1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.

2. a pretense of having some desirable or publicly approved attitude.

3. an act or instance of hypocrisy.

double standard

noun 1. any code or set of principles containing different provisions for one group of people than for another, ( def. 1 ) .

Add the two together and you get...

[​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]A bunch of jackasses!

3. Tiger in NC

Tiger in NC There's a sucker born everyday...

4. PURPLE TIGER

red...please go back and show me where you defended the previous administration when they were blamed for rising gas prices. Also please show me your posts where you blasted Democrats for a) blaming Bush; or b) for accepting unwarranted praise for gas prices. Also...can you show me any of your posts where you criticize the liberal media for manipulating the issue?

Call it a rant or whatever you want but you can't deny the double standards and hypocrisy of this issue. It's plain and simple.

High gas prices are bad if a Republican is in office and it's their fault.

High gas prices may be bad but could be good if a Democrat is in office. Either way, if it's bad some other factor will be to blame. If it's good, it's all due to the administration.

Low gas prices under a Democrat are great and completely due to the administration.

Low gas prices under a Republican are criticized because larger taxes should be levied so we can pursue alternative energy sources.

You know this is all a bunch of crap and it's well documented by media stories and comments made by politicians.

5. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Can you? None of that changes the facts. I defended the previous administration in my last post when I said oil prices have nothing to do with ANY of them. ANY includes "Bush and the Republicans" that you had just mentioned.

I do deny it. You haven't offered a single bit of evidence to support this. It's in your mind. All sitting presidents get blamed for many things that are not in their control. Nevertheless, controlling oil prices is a power that the President does not have.

Produce this documentation, then.

6. Rex_B

Rex_B Geaux Time

Blah. The govt. has control over price stability. The value of it's currency. Which is in the crapper.

7. Tiger in NC

If it is so well documented then let's see the evidence. The burden of proof is on you, my friend, because you are the one making all the claims here.

A piece of advice: put the shovel down. It is clear that you do not know how the price of oil is determined. It is also clear that you don't care becaue you are determined to blame Obama regardless.

8. PURPLE TIGER

9. PURPLE TIGER

Well I guess that's democracy in action and what the founding fathers wanted.

While I oppose most of what he does you obviously believe he can do no wrong.

I'll continue to jump on his back while you continue to crawl up his ass. Sounds pretty fair & balanced. :D

10. Tiger in NC

1 person likes this.