Gas Prices

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by PURPLE TIGER, Feb 15, 2012.

1. gyver

gyver Rely on yourself not on others.

the Bush Economic Crisis. you mean the one started during the Clinton administration that bush and mccain warned a democrat controlled congress about? seems to me these days that whoever controls congress and the house do what they can to make the current president look bad. except in obamas case. he had a democrat controlled congress for first 2 years and a democrat controlled senate still. maybe that's why they're still in the blame bush mode. he got stuck with democrats controlling both houses for last 4 years. i reckon i better be careful talking about barry or his Obama Truth Team might come get me.

2. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

/Irrelevant, he's going to pay for them if prices continue to rise- watch and see.

Missed what?

:D

3. Tiger in NC

Tiger in NC There's a sucker born everyday...

You are probably right, but it still does not make it factual.

4. LSUTiga

In politics, "facts" don't matter, really... perception does. Voters will perceive him to be the problem.

Lucky for him there may not be a Republican candidate "electible" enough to cost him the election.

5. Tiger in NC

Tiger in NC There's a sucker born everyday...

This is true.....not a good time to be a Republican with this cast of candidates.

1 person likes this.
  6. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

No, I'm talking about the 2008 economic crash which had nothing to do with Clinton. I have no idea what you are talking about, the 90's were rocking economically and Clinton posted budget surpluses and was paying down the debt before George Bush irresponsibly cut income and greatly increased spending by borrowing.

You invent history. :lol: Bush had a republican house and senate for 6 years and ran amuck with it adding three huge unfunded mandates in Medicare Prescription Drug Plan (a trillion dollar expense), No Child left behind, and the Dept. of Homeland Security. Then he piles two huge unfunded wars on top of that.

The truth hurts doesn't it? It blows lies away.

7. red55

The public is smarter than you imagine. Perception matters, but when it doesn't jibe with the facts, it can change very quickly. It's hard to hide lies in this day and age, and when they get caught lying too much in their political spin, perceptions can really, really change.

8. LSUTiga

The media, yes. The public, I'm not so sure.

I've seen people on the street randomly asked questions like, "Who is our govenor" and them not know. I get what you're getting at. There's more accountability with internet, etc. Further, the media loves to go back 4 years and pull a sound bite where a candidate is flip-flopping but I'm not sure how smart the public is, overall. Perhaps smart is not the best descriptor here and apathetic might be a better choice.

I mean c'mon, we're going to argue perception about issues when we know how far good looks, alone, goes with a male candidate in getting elected?

>http://shine.yahoo.com/fashion/do-we-vote-for-attractive-candidates-2595859.html<

9. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

10. red55

Not just looks but charisma. My Mom voted for Bill Clinton, George Bush, and Barrack Obama all for the same reason . . . they seemed like nice young men.

But honesty is huge. Any candidate who starts sounding like a liar or can't defend their positions in a debate with actual facts is in trouble. Ask Sarah Palin or Rick Perry.