Gas Prices

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by PURPLE TIGER, Feb 15, 2012.

1. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

I agree. No question.

2. martin

martin Banned Forever

i dunno about that. clinton was clearly incredibly dishonest, but nobody careed. they definitely cared more about his incredible charm. the guy was like a magician. there is a tiny line between creepy and confident and clinton managed it perfectly.

also one of the many tragedies of democracy is that people care about charm and charisma and not policy. palin is actually a superior candidate to barack on policy alone, but he is so much better at speaking that its no contest. and she is stupid, so there is that. but i think we should really be asking ourselves how much anything matters relative to policy.

3. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Only about his sex life. Politically is was very honest.

What? Palin had no policies other than what she was coached. It was clear from her debates and interviews that she was brainless.

4. martin

martin Banned Forever

course he wasnt.

i know, she was about as stupid as she could have been. only a hot chick could have gotten away with that level of stupidity. i mean, wow, she is stupid. kinda hot though, not by normal standards, but by politician standards.

anyways, of course she didnt have any opinions other than what she was coached. the point is that the opinions she was coached on would have been better for the country than the opinions obama has, especially had obama kept his promises about things like closing guantamo or cracking down on wiretapping.

5. red55

Example?

In your opinion . . .

6. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

I am so turned off by all of this I just wanna barf! The politicians live high of the tit while everyone here defends your side. I find this country disgusting and repulsive and most the people in it.
    The politicians and media are laughing their ass off about this. The double standard is unreal in this country. No doubt the Republicans and Bush were blamed in the past and there is no doubt Obama and the Democrats are given a pass in some media circles.
    There is no doubt that Obama and the Democrats deserve some blame for our terrible energy policy. I bet I can find a speech by Obama on energy independence.

My biggest problem though is all of you defending your sides. These politicians live like kings. Raise tons of money for political parties while they destroy the country financially.
    Yes I did say that. No one is fixing a damn thing and everyone is defending their sides while the corruption and non action takes the country straight to hell.
    I hope the Republican party implodes. I also hope Obama loses, this man doesn't deserve any more time.
    Senator Obama said it was a failure of leadership when Bush was in office that we borrowed and spent money like we did. To his credit he did create a commission but he didn't lead and do the right thing. Senator Obama did say we would have higher energy prices if he was elected, I remember that very well.
    Everything is getting higher and higher, not all Obama's fault but a lot is. Between Monetary easing and higher energy prices the middle class is really going to take a hit this summer.....Its not going to be a good year for many.

I just wanna barf about all the money raised during these campaigns while the country takes a hit financially. NONE of this is right, its insane!

7. red55

Don't let the door hit you in the ass on your way out. Send us a postcard from Canada.

Your biggest problem is that we like to talk politics on a political debate forum?

No, amigo, that ain't your biggest problem.

8. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

I haven't read this thread but I'll offer an opinion. I think the price of gas is just about the only thing that could prevent Obama from getting reelected.

9. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Or a bullet- if prices hit 6 bucks a gallon. Alaska and California are already over $4.00.

Bye Bye Boma.

10. Rex_B

Rex_B Geaux Time

Even you know this isn't true.