Gas Prices!

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by TigerKid05, Apr 22, 2006.

1. martin

martin Banned Forever

i dunno, their company, their business. if we dont like it we should invest in and create alternatives.

well good for him. like i said, i suppose you should buy a hybrid car and pour your savings into that grass stuff they say could be the enrgy of the future.

the more they rape us on prices, the more eager we should be to find something different.

2. LsuCraig

LsuCraig Founding Member

I'm getting close........

We tax for roads........and have pay $.50 a gallon tax for gas in Louisiana. Under your tax = roads formula, when do we get our good roads? Under the Red plan, taxes make things better....we get stuff, is that it? Under my plan, the consumer gets stuff in the way of his own money back to pay for gas.

So if government got rid of the $.50 per gallon of taxes until the price went down to lower levels, we wouldn't have roads? Your logic is really RED.

3. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

Just to be clear, is the insinuation here that, instead of increasing the amount that they are able to produce (which would ultimately make them more money), they are artificially limiting the supply to increase per unit profits? If so, that's an interesting point.

4. LsuCraig

LsuCraig Founding Member

You know nothing of the governmental bureacracy to adding refining capacity. And even if they spent the trillions to add capacity, you and the commies would just windfall tax them anyway. Where's the incentive to add capacity under the Red (curtain) tax plan?

Man you sure are jealous what other people are making aren't you. How does what Lee Raymond make correlate to the price of gasoline? If he made $2 a day it wouldn't lower the price of gas. And neither will taxing. You guys speak out of both sides of your mouth. You say Exxon passes the costs down to us, but with a windfall tax they won't? You're crazy.

5. LsuCraig

LsuCraig Founding Member

You mean artifically limiting the supply........no our own government has already limited supply for the last 30 years by not allowing drilling for new oil in the lower 48.

Why do you think Exxon and others spend billions finding new oil off-shore? They have to because our governmental policies ran them out of the states.

6. Contained Chaos

He said 'refining,' not drilling. If they have the ability to drill more than they can refine, shouldn't they be inclined to up the refining capacity?

7. TigerWins

TigerWins Founding Member

Too many government regulations have made it damn near impossible to build new refineries. Here's an article I read a while back about a dude who has been trying for years to build a refinery in Arizona.

No Refineries in 29 Years

8. martin

martin Banned Forever

if i knew you want to limit my profits to whatever you think is fair, i know it would put a damper on my motivation to invest in increasing capacity.

can we just mind our ****ing business and leave others alone? if they make too muther****ing much profit, then do your best to buy less of their product!

9. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Having run out of logic, LC once again attempts to make the winners of the debate to be "bad guys". :lol:

You are making no sense at all anymore.

What in the world are you talking about? We are drilling all over the place in the lower 48. Give it up.

10. Contained Chaos

Wondered what that meant, too. Hell, there's a drilling station right there on Burbank and Lee. And I knew a guy who oversaw one in Houma. Point is, they're all over the place.