Gasoline approaching $4.00 a gallon

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by SabanFan, Mar 7, 2011.

1. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

speculators. tyrants on wall street are the reason for the price hike, not Lybia. And no one is dipping into the reserve, we have enough oil in the reserve to last about 36 days. That's only for mad max times. Band Aid on a bullet wound. End speculation and end the problem.

2. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Did you? Do you seriously think that Obama can control international supply and demand. :lol:

Blind ideologues just routinely blame everything on Obama without any sort of explanation why. Your credibility is low, brother.

3. asignupe99

asignupe99 Founding Member

Are you the pot or the kettle?

4. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

[​IMG]
    The Price of a Gallon: 47 liquids compared

5. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Bullsh!t. Obama can get this country drilling again. We can tap huge quantities of oil in the Gulf of Mexico, off the Florida and California coasts and from the barren northern reaches of ANWR. Obama sleeps with the Greenies and is increasing our dependence on foreign oil by stupidly refusing to even consider going after our own resources.

Your credibility is non existent when it comes to Obama. You blindly defend him in the face of fact. Obama is all talk. That's his only talent. He is horribly unqualified to be President.

6. Rwilliams

Rwilliams Veteran Member

That would be an ideologue. I hear that term thrown out alot. It doesn't describe conservatives only.

7. pharpe

pharpe Founding Member

I say let them go up. I don't drive much. I work in the oil and gas industry so it's great for my business in the short term. Plus, I would love to be able get away from our dependence on foreign oil. The only thing that will ever drive changes to alternative fuels and increase efficiency is market forces. The government's stupid tax credits and backwards ass regulations sure aren't.

8. Rwilliams

Rwilliams Veteran Member

If there was a alternative to oil the market would have found it. Until that happens we should drill everywhere and anywhere the oil is. I don't care if it's in my grandmothers front yard as long as it is American oil. I work in an oil refinary also. I am head of the radiography there. We have the refinarys and the domestic oil and gas to be self reliant until something else comes along if the politicans would take the handcuffs off. The enviros own the democratic party along with the unions. Next year if gas is five dollars a gallon look for a republican house ,senate and president.

9. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I disagree. I think the government could actually start giving away electric and solar power cars, and start phasing gasoline based vehicles out completely. I think we should start by halting all production of any vehicle that runs on gasoline, or that isn't a hybrid. The money spent would pay for itself in the long run.

We are buying oil from people that want us dead. Not only that, oil companies who have ass loads of lobbyists and pretty much have everyone in washington in their pockets will not allow us to break away from oil consumption, it isn't in their best interest regardless if it is America's best interest.

10. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

WTH???????????????

An with the extra money, they could fund obamacare.......:lol: