Gasoline approaching $4.00 a gallon

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by SabanFan, Mar 7, 2011.

1. flabengal

flabengal Founding Member

:popcorn:

2. martin

martin Banned Forever

nobody is stopping you from buying an electric car.

3. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

oil will be back around $80/barrel before long.

4. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Where did I say that someone was stopping me from purchasing an electric car?

5. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I agree, this happens all the time and it's the damn speculators. they raise the price so high that when it drops back to 2.75 a gallon we will all be thankful. Then in a few years, it will go up to 5 bucks a gallon, and we will be thankful when it bottoms out at 3 dollars a gallon. So on and so forth.

What are speculators good for? All they do is drive the price of commodities through the roof. Wall Street continues to line their pockets while Main Street continues to deteriorate.

6. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

While I am not by any means an enviro nut job, nor am I a believer in the global warming hoax, I can tell you that CO2 is bad, it is very very very bad as it relates to life on this planet. I'm all for reducing it but not with this carbon credit jazz that mr. internet has dreamed up. That is simply wealth redistribution and it is bullchit.

7. Rwilliams

Rwilliams Veteran Member

I have to correct myself on something. I googled volcanos and most reports say man creates more co2. I have read also that one eruption created more co2 than man has ever made. I don't know what to believe about the volcano thing. One thing I do believe is that the earth goes through cycles of hot and cold and is going to do what it wants to like it always has. We will have another ice age and another iceless age. Paying more for gas or carbon taxes isn't going to change what the cycles of the world will do.

1 person likes this.
  8. flabengal

flabengal Founding Member

Not if they keep printing money over at the FED.....the world is awash in dollars and that money has to go somewhere. Right now the momentum is behind commodities and barring an economic collapse/depression I don't see oil going down to $80 again.

Oil at $200 a barrel and gold at $2000 an ounce by the end of 2012....you can book it. (Assuming the FED continues with the QE program....they have no exit strategy and will continue to print money.)

9. martin

martin Banned Forever

you seem to worry about gas prices. i figured if they were troubling you could just get an electric car. i dont understand exactly what is the problem. gas costs what it costs. buy it, or dont buy it. if you hate buying it, get an electric car. i cant really understand why there is a problem.

10. martin

martin Banned Forever

well, to be fair, plenty (perhaps most) life on this planet is plants, and they are happier than pigs in **** with c02.

and i am not really clear on how c02 is bad for the animals either.