Gasoline approaching $4.00 a gallon

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by SabanFan, Mar 7, 2011.

1. Rwilliams

Rwilliams Veteran Member

There were times in earths history that co2 was higher than today. The climate will always be in flux. Climate changes always has always will. Sea levels were once hundreds of feet both higher and lower. Why would that change and who are we go think we can control it. Not drilling for domestic oil will not change crap. All not drilling for domestic oil will do is cause us to be more dependent on Arab oil and gas prices to go up. Greenes don't understand that the technology is not advanced enough to run our cars on anything else yet. Drill oil now in the united states.

2. Rwilliams

Rwilliams Veteran Member

This is why we don't drill for all of our own oil:

Officials of a dozen top Big Green environmental groups contributed more than $14.5 million to congressional and presidential candidates in 2008 and through the second quarter of 2010 with 96 percent of the total going to Democrats, according to an Examiner analysis of federal campaign data.

...Six of the dozen collectively received more than $160 million in federal grants and contracts, according to their 2008 or 2007 IRS tax returns, with the Nature Conservancy's $110.6 million being the highest, followed by the Trust for Public Land ($28 million), Audubon Society ($17.5 million), the Environmental Defense Fund (parent of the EDF Action Fund) with $3.6 million, Natural Resources Defense Council ($358,072) and Defenders of Wildlife ($205,021).

3. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

I have an F150 with a big V-8. My solution is to fill up at half a tank so it still only costs 50 bucks or so to gas up.

4. Bud Lee

Bud Lee Call me buttercup

Unless you are a life form that needs CO2....like plants...why you hate plants?

PLANT HATER!!!!

BTW guys, did anyone notice gas is at $3.50. Looks like bike riding and walking for me unless it is necessary to crank up that V6, you know, like if I need to go farther than a mile or something.

Considering by that time the Earth will be ruled by the machines and the cockroach king...I'm ok with that.

5. Bud Lee

I am actually thinking about trading in my truck for a Vespa...just trying to figure out where I'm going to put the baby seat.

Guess I could just carry the little fella like that cat in The Hangover did.

But then how do I get all the groceries home when I make groceries for the week????

ETA: OOOOOOOOOO......I can get a SIDECAR!!!

[​IMG]

6. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Don't derail this thread. Start a new one and I'll debate your argument.

Better still, why not read these old threads . . . I don't think I have the energy to demolish the arguments of another ill-informed climate change proponent.

http://forums.tigerfan.com/free-speech-alley/99028-majority-americans-still-believe-global-warming.html

http://forums.tigerfan.com/free-speech-alley/91436-earth-cools-fight-about-global-warming-heats-up.html

http://forums.tigerfan.com/free-speech-alley/71441-could-global-warming-not-answer.html

7. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Funny you mention scooters, I saw a report yesterday where this one scooter dealership has seen it's business go up by 200% since gas prices have shot up. Guess maybe it's time to order that Nissan Leaf.

8. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

A Scooter might be great for getting around Pineville. It can get you killed in Baton Rouge traffic.

9. pharpe

pharpe Founding Member

Pure genius!

10. Bud Lee

Hmmm…I fill up twice a month right now with a 16-gallon so at $3.50 my monthly gas bill will be $112. Something tells me the leaf would cost me more in electricity

ETA: FRICK THAT THING...I Will not even beable to drive to Hammond without recharging

Highway driving in the summer: 70 miles

Speed: Average 55 mph
    Temperature: 95 degrees
    Climate control: On
    Averaging 55 mph on the highway, in 95 degree weather, with the air conditioning on high may produce range figures like this. Higher speeds require more energy to overcome air resistance. Running the air conditioner means energy that could be used to increase range instead goes to cooling the car.

And you have to set up financing for the charge of "charging" the car WTF