Gaspard could move to SEC (LSU?) soon

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUfan71, Apr 12, 2005.

1. good times

good times Freshman

I know that ya'll won't like this , but I know a really good coach who could bring us back to the promised land. His name is Hank Melton. He is a former coach at Allen State in Ohio. He won six division II championships in the 90's . I wish he would come out of retirement. He also coached at Oregon A&M, Bama State , and Tennessee Tech. I played for him at Tennessee Tech in the eighties.:usaflagwaHe's in his seventies but oh well .:helmet: :crystal:

2. doiron122

doiron122 Freshman

Well, i am getting old also, i know he isn't going to be full of energy, but he was an assistant to Skip when he was at Miami. ALthough it is unlikely LAval will be fired, he Melton is a good coach.

3. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Maybe we could bring him and John Wooden in as a package deal.

4. good times

good times Freshman

i knew you would not like it, but it was just a thought. Maybe he could be brought in as a special instructor or something. He really is good.:geauxtige

5. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

absolutely. talk about the one that got away. from what i understand, we had the opportunity to hire him but chose smoke instead. he was said to have wanted the job very badly b/c he had played at lsu and served as assistant coach since then. now he's resurrected ole misses and we're struggling to compete in the SEC.

6. TigerWins

TigerWins Founding Member

We have a special instructor ... his name is Skip Bertman.

7. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

The grass is always greener on the other side. How many CWSs have Bianco coached teams been in?

8. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

Heck, how many Regionals has he won? Wonder how come Skip thought Smoke was a better candidate, couldn't be because Smoke actually was the better coach, could it? But what does Skip know?

9. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

how many CWSs had ole piss been in prior to his arrival? in other words, how flooded was he with talent?

10. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

Just because he hasn't made it doesn't mean he will in the future, that's for sure. And the kbiggest knock on Smoke's ability is he doesn't coach the talent he has up to the proper level. Bianco has very good talent now, no matter how much Ole Miss lacked in the past. And he has underperformed in the NCAA's. His team last year was way more talented than the 2 teams he lost to in the Regionals at Ole Miss.