Gaspard could move to SEC (LSU?) soon

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUfan71, Apr 12, 2005.

1. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

be careful not to overstate misses talent...they weren't that good.

2. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

If Bianco was losing at LSU and Smoke was winning at Ole Miss, guess who you would want as LSU's coach.

3. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

if joe torre was losing at A&M, and vince lombardi was winning at miami, guess who you would want as LSU's coach.

some people say cucumbers taste better pickled.

4. TigerWins

TigerWins Founding Member

I suspect these are the same fans that wanted Jim Wells to be the coach. Funny how his name doesn't come up any longer since he struggles to make the SEC tourney recently, much less the NCAA regionals.

Now the hot name is Bianco. He may turn out to be a great college baseball coach one day, but he's not there yet. Hell, he finally gets Ole Miss to host a regional and they go 0-2!

I'm also sure these are the same type of fans who would have wanted to fire the Cal State Fullerton coach after starting 15-16 last year.

5. G_MAN113

G_MAN113 Founding Member

Even funnier that people forget that Jim Wells was Skip's first choice to succeed him.

6. TigerWins

TigerWins Founding Member

How do you know he was Skip's first choice? I don't recall seeing anything specifically that would prove that to be true.

Refresh my memory...

7. G_MAN113

G_MAN113 Founding Member

I recall it being pretty common knowledge at the time. Skip approached Wells,
    and Wells demanded too much...it was a deal where he didn't really want to leave Alabama, so he threw some ridiculous demands out there, involving salary and facilities, knowing LSU wouldn't meet them. Skip then said: "Thanks, we'll call you" and turned to the next guy on his list, Smoke Laval.