Gator fans - post your props to LSU in this thread.

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by MikebTiger, Oct 13, 2002.

1. MikebTiger

MikebTiger Founding Member

How many replies will there be to this thread?

The Florida website - swamp gas - won't even let LSU fans say "I am glad the Tigers won."

Well, let me post it here - We kicked your asses. We totally dominated you. I have no fear of a gator pay-back game next year, because we will anhilate you next year, also.

I was surprised at how much better we were than you. Your coach is horrible.

That's what you get for your smug, cocky predications of a Gator blowout.

Now, let's hear some props from you!!!!!!!!!

2. DC-Tiger

DC-Tiger Founding Member

I agree Mike, the Gator site , swampgas, is run in a little dictatorial fashion! Under the pretext of keeping it flame free, they delete posts that poke fun at the gators. The Auburn site is the same way. And at both sites this policy appears to hold true only for rival fans.

Also, for the last two weeks or so, at both these sites, they were bashing LSU and ranking our team 9th or 10th in the SEC (among other things). Now in the swampgas, there is actually a thread, that predicts us to get to Fiesta Bowl! And in the Auburn site, there is a thread for the rest of the season, where everyone has LSU comprehensively beating Auburn. Previously the predictions had been for Auburn to run riot over us!

We did shock a few people back to their senses with our play last Saturday didnt we?

3. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

Personally as nice as it was to see the Florida fans who have for years rub it in our face, act like jerks in our stadium and treat us like dirt in Gainsville, leave in mass, frown and complain as LSU was on its way to possibly hanging half a hundred on them (If Saban was not so darn classy).
    The Gator fans that have come here have been great people some of them coming back after the beating. To say great game.

The fact Visor Boy was not on the sideline was the only thing missing.

For swampgas, never been there but I hear no rivals are allowed there. Which is odd because if you go there in peace whats wrong with that. But I understand removal of flames (Wish our board would do that a bit ourselves) dont bother...

We have one more day to live our glory over the hated Gators. But at noon tomorrow we close the book and look for USC. Remember last time we beat the Gators, Ole Miss come to the Valley and smoked us. I hope our guys dont do the same. The difference is we have a coach that will make sure that does not happen.

Geaux Tigers.

4. IslandGator

IslandGator Freshman

Great Game!

Way to play tigers! Man you put a butt wuppin on us Gators. Personally, I'm never ashamed when we lose to the tigers and I'm always amazed when we beat them. You guys have always had a great team and your fans make a win possible every week. Way to play! That QB you guys have is a trooper and really sacrificed himself to win that game. Can't remember how many times I saw him get his clock cleaned and run for 15+ yards on the very next play. And your band is amazing! I can't believe there were moments when your away band completely drowned out the Pride of the Sunshine. As to the fans leaving the stadium, nothing ticks me off more. I was so mad when people started leaving in the 3rd quarter that I was talking trash to fellow gator fans about how disappointing they were. People have gotten quite ticked off at me over at SwampGas about it too...but I don't care...real fans don't leave. I actually stayed around after the game to watch the Tiger Fans party...I know they stayed as long as they could cause security forced us to leave and your band was still rocking! Two points to make though, I think if you go over to SwampGas and take a look at the prediction thread, most gator fans picked the gators in a very close win, mostly something like low 30's to high 20's. I don't know anyone that wasn't worried about this game. Secondly, SwampGas will let anyone register and post...and they encourage rival fans too. SwampGas just isn't a smack talking board and people on there really just want to talk about football without any smack. Once again, Great Game Tigers! See you next year (or maybe later this year if we can get back on track and beat UGA and SC) and good luck for the rest of the year! I'll be rootin for you guys as always....

5. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

IslandGator, You are one Class Person.

Come Back often.....

Geaux Tigers.

6. Jean Lafitte

Jean Lafitte The Old Guard

Island Gator! You appear to be a . . .

gentleman of distinguished breeding. Thank you for your kind observations and comments. You certainly proved to us that there are indeed Gator fans who are capable of graciousness in victory and defeat.

Personally, I feel no need to gloat over LSU's fine win. I prefer to give quiet thanks to our players and coaches right here on Tiger Forums. The chatter over at the Auburn and Florida boards do make for interesting reading, however!

7. MobileBengal

MobileBengal Founding Member

Re: Great Game!

Ever been to Tiger Stadium? If not, you should see 'em in person with full numbers.

8. IslandGator

IslandGator Freshman

I've been to Tiger Stadium

Used to come watch my brother play. I was a little kid then and I think I probably slept through most of the games. Tell me, will your band be travelling to play us in the SECCG :) hee hee...gotta keep positive right? Go Gators!

9. IslandGator

IslandGator Freshman

I'll do my best to help :)

To help us beat the damn war eagles! Grrrrrrrr...I can't stand them. I'd love to see your band do a halftime show. I can't believe the power and precision your brass has. As a former TubaGuy I'd say your band deserves that award just for their Tubas :) It was really neat too to watch them march down Stadium road before the game and actually HAVE YOUR FANS NOTICE! When you guys started playing in the street (I don't know what...fight song? ) tiger fans were running from everywhere to where the band was playing. Pretty cool fans if you ask me :) Only complaint I had about the whole night (Other than my gators getting waxed) was after leaving the game on my walk back to the car. Some younger tiger fans were walking behind me talking smack about how our stadium was gay (quote) and our football team was horrible (which I don't get because that's sort of a back handed insult to your tigers) and a bunch of pansies. That's all fine and good because drunk kids will be drunk kids but they started trying to break open some newspaper stands and rocking street signs to try and knock them down. I was getting really mad about that when an older LSU fan turned to them and told the to "Shut the h*ll up and show some respect to (our) campus. " I thought that was great and I thanked him. Other than that I got a giggle when someone yelled something to some girls that were walking to their dorm about "Stupid Gators" and one turned and yelled to him, "I'm a math major and I don't give a damn about football." hee hee.
    Go Gators!

10. MobileBengal

MobileBengal Founding Member

Yeah, that kind of thing pisses me off, too. I wouldve given em a judo chop to the throat.;) Im a former trumpet guy and a former Tiger Band guy, so Im really glad you enjoyed them. The song they play on the street is the pregame show. A lot of people mistake it for the fight song because "Touchdown" is played after every TD, and it is a part of pregame. "Fight for LSU" is the actual fight song, and is played after the extra point, good or not.