Gators full of themselves!

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TN Tiger, Feb 21, 2006.

1. CParso

CParso Founding Member

I was thinking about it, but Georgia and South Carolina have a bit of an Eastern Coast culture within them as well. And the more northern areas have that hill billy feel to them.

2. TigerKid05

TigerKid05 Say Whaa!?!?

8. They keep winning - Damn them.

LSU used to play the gators for homecoming.

3. deebug

deebug Founding Member

I went to high school in St. Amant. Our mascot was also the Gators. Why do you think we had the same fight song. :dis:

4. CParso

CParso Founding Member

One coach and less than 10 years of succes doesn't equal a tradition.

This guy needs to look around the league. LSU & Georgia both have athletic programs that rival Floridas. LSU's is probably the best in the SEC.

5. Chip82

Chip82 Founding Member

2005 NCAA Men's Golf Champions - UGA
    2005 NCAA Women's Gymnastics Champions - UGA
    2005 NCAA Women's Swimming and Diving Champions - UGA
    2006 NCAA Men's Indoor Tennis Champions - UGA

U of Florida - ???

6. Jean Lafitte

Jean Lafitte The Old Guard

I don't hate the Florida Gators. I like them better than the Seminoles and the Canes, for sure.

And, of course, I like the Florida Gators better than Aubarn.

I think that the author of the article is just trying to stroke some Gator Ego.

Somebody should remind him that the Gators don't have the :crystal:

7. TN Tiger

TN Tiger Founding Member

HERE IS A PRETTY GOOD RESPONSE FROM A TN FAN TO THE AUTHOR OF THE ARTICLE, PAT DOOLEY.

Dear Pat,

Nice homer column admiring UF's navel today. Are you really that delusional? As a Vol fan I can tell you why I don't like (but don't envy) UF (but not any more
    or any less than the other 11 programs in the SEC)...it's because UF has no class...from UF's obnoxious, drunk, yankee fans that want to fight and cuss at you after football games (only when UF wins of course)....to the Gainesville Police Department
    (speaking of Barney Fife) harassing visiting fans and taking them to jail for having a beer on the sidewalk for not knowing any better about newly passed G'ville ordinances)...from Spurrier (probably the poorest sportsman and yet the best coach the league has seen in modern times...btw Spurrier is at USC now so our hatred for him doesn't come your way now either)...to rah rah writers like yourself that think UF is something it isn't. While I find your columns usually informed and somewhat entertaining...you come off as a
    glorified writer for Gator Bait.

If you go back to the big six in the league (UF, UGA, UT, Bama, Auburn, LSU).... I would say all of them have more national and SEC titles than UF...they also
    have just as big (or bigger) stadium and fan bases. Oh and here's a news flash. Billy Donovan is viewed as a mini Joe B. Hall. Great talent but his teams usually devolve at the end of the year into personal intra-team friction and early NCAA exits. Remember Joe B. won a national title at UK...and would you call him a great coach?

Urban Meyer isn't making opposing fans shake in their boots either....UGA, LSU, and Auburn have the best football programs in the league from 2000 forward (yes that hurts me to say as a UT fan).

So keep preaching to the choir about how much UF has on everybody else in the league. I'm sure the fans down there will believe your delusion. The rest of the league just thinks you are full of gator crap.

Cordially & Go Vols,

Tennessee Mike

8. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

:lol: Why doesn't the writer tell us how he REALLY feels!