Gators have tough off-season program. Hope LSU does too.

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TejasTiger, Feb 19, 2005.

1. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

nm

2. Cat Squirrel

Cat Squirrel Founding Member

I can just see Marotti and his "off beat" conditioning program..."If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a Tiger linebacker" :hihi:

3. tiger fan 2001

tiger fan 2001 Founding Member

Well I did ot read the article but Iread the tease. I think UM probably did a could job of getting rid of some cream puffs at these other schools. Welcome to the SEC UM. As stated by some of the members earlier TM is stillo the job as strength and conditioning guy. Miles was smart in retaining him and no way does LSU take it down a notch. TM doesn't have all the answers but what he is doing works. I would love to see what LSU's wieght training program is. I said it in another thread earlier in the year. As a team LSU looked to be more solid or harder than the other teams we played or that I watched on tv. That coupled with the endurance of the 4 quarter program was and is becoming something LSU is known for. We dominated UF in the 4th qtr this past season amoung other teams. Said all that to say this. We are i great shape and I don't see us losig any games because someone has a better S&C program.

And since this post made me think of Dan Patrick's show 5'9" 225. Ding

4. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

Now that is funny.

5. MarineTiger

MarineTiger Founding Member

IMO, this is all about perception. I am sure Meyer has a very, very tough off-season workout routine but is it the hardest in the SEC? Who knows? I have seen this article posted throughout several rival boards and people act scared of UF now.......and I am not sure why.

I think this article is blown a bit out of proportion.

Our boys will also be very well in shape for the upcoming season.

6. Richdog

Richdog 02 Cecilia alumni champs

I'll take that bet.

7. axd9142

axd9142 Founding Member

1. Meyer won big at Bowling Green of all places and he was spectacular at Utah. His recruits or somebody elses. It proves he can win with everbody. He is one of the greatest offensive minds in the college game today. You will know that when we get routed 31-7 by the Gators under him in fall. Be rational. This is Spurrier Jr.
    2. Petrino is perhaps the second greatest offensive mind in the game. With our talent on offense, he could have given Meyer a run for his money. I saw the only Louisville defeat to Miami 41-38 in the Orange Bowl. Giving Miami a run for ther money in their home turf is something. Giving them a run with Louisville's talent is another thing. Lot of lesser coaches would have wet himself playing Miami in the Orange Bowl. Petrino interviewed for better jobs every year. Now who else did the same four years in a row..... oh! I remember it was a certain Mr. Nick Saban, and we did just fine with him. Petrino wanted to move from Conf USA to schools like LSU, Florida, Auburn etc. A great coach wants to come to a good program from an also ran. Frankly Louisville while in Conf USA did not deserve him. Louisville in the Big East, considering the competition, will become another Miami, in a few years. And Petrino will take them there.
    3. I have nothing against Miles, just the Petrino and Meyer are better coaches. They are great offensive minds. Thank god we do not have to play Petrino.
    4. To recruit you need to have a big weapon. Mr Saban was the best defensive backfield coach, college and NFL combined. Spurrier was the best QB/offensive coach. To play defensive back kids came to Saban. To play WR and QB people went to Spurrier. Meyer and Petrino are like Spurrier, great offensive minds/coaches. Miles' speciality is offensive line. It is important but not as important as defense or offensive backfield. While Miles is definitely a good choice, with a great personality, and good recruiting ability. Petrino however would be better choice and Meyer is way, way better.

8. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

That green dot of yours is living verrrrrry dangerously.

9. axd9142

axd9142 Founding Member

You think Urban Meyer would have anything to do with Ryan Perrilloux and his big mouth. The kid needs to shut up and become a team player or else he will be playing ARENA football without even graduating college. That kid is going to be trouble from the minute he is on campus. Saban would have shut him up, good. Thats why he was going to Texas and suddenly changed his mind after seeing Miles come to LSU. Miles is a good guy and good guys can not handle the likes of Perrilloux. If he went to Florida, Urban Meyer would have skinned him this summer and made him a man.

10. DallasLSU

DallasLSU Founding Member

For your sake, I hope you are joking. Miles has already sat down and spoken with Perrilloux about his words. Did you forget that tidbit, pal? The guy hasn't evn coached a game and you are already telling us what he will or won't do. I guarentee you Saban would have handled it the same damn way as Miles.

But I know you are not joking, which is the sad part...