Gators have tough off-season program. Hope LSU does too.

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TejasTiger, Feb 19, 2005.

1. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

Louisiana high school public school system be damned!!! :cuss: :thumb:

2. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

lol i never mentioned perrilloux either. where'd that come from. Im not exactly sure how either are when it comes to discipline but i know it will be a different animal coaching SEC egos than it was at Utah and Okie St. Luckily for Meyer, Chris Leak is a football nerd. Let's hope RP becomes one.

3. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

tirk = axd9142 ?

4. axd9142

axd9142 Founding Member

To:BostonBengal, SabanFan others

Look I am as much a tiger fan as you guys are. I am not a gator fan or a cardinal fan. Also I have no reason to dislike Les Miles. I think he is a good hire but not a great hire.

Now we can argue which coach did what in which game in the past few seasons. But to underestime Urban Meyer is wrong and not to recognize the threat is wrong. The Gators have had us in the last few years. Spurier used to chew up DiNardo ( not that bad as he is made out to be ), Hallman. Saban never beat him either. Zook almost ruined our NC in Tiger Stadium (of all places). Do you realize what Meyer can do. You think I enjoy going back to getting walloped 5 years out of seven by Florida?

Meyers career has been on the rise. He has got better and better. So has Petrino's. Les Miles in OK State has been eratic. Lost the last six games in a row. I have nothing against Miles, but Petrino and Meyer are the second best and best offensive attact coaches in college football. They can work magic with offense. Dan Hawkins at Boise State is perhaps the third best. These guys run a great offense. They bring new, fresh blood to a program.

Also Spurrier, WAS the best offensive mind in the game. He is still good but at 60 how many years can he contribute. Is he going to be the 45 year old going back to take the reigns of a weak program at his alma mater. Where in the stadium his jersey hangs and where he played and won a heisman? No. He is a much older man, bitter for his failure in the NFL and a man planning one last run before retirement. Spurrier is a man of a different generation as Meyer and Petrino.

On defense Bo Pelini looks like a junior Saban. Thats a comfort. I hope we have him for a while.

5. tirk

or 3 or 4.

6. tirk

of course it was, I was simply reinforcing your point. :thumb: :thumb:

7. ROY_LA_CA

ROY_LA_CA Founding Member

Re: From Line to Great Coach

Coach Madden of the Oakland Raiders was a lineman and made a great coach!

8. MarineTiger

MarineTiger Founding Member

Re: From Line to Great Coach

Meyer's SEC honeymoon will be over when UF losses 2-3-4 games next year.

9. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

I'm sure Curley looked that way to the unclever Joe Dean. But hindsight reveals that the real reason for Southern Miss success at the time was the presence of Brett Favre, not Curley Hallman.

10. tirk

its possible if meyer fails then people will say the #1 pick in the draft made him in Alex Smith. Its between him and Rodgers and if Aaron measure above 6'1 at the combine this weekend will go 1st. If hes closer to 6'1 or below it looks like Smith is the pick. Will be most anticipated measurement of the combine in some years.