Gators have tough off-season program. Hope LSU does too.

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TejasTiger, Feb 19, 2005.

1. crawfish

crawfish Founding Member

I can't wait!

reminds me of Christmas!!!!!!!

2. LSUDeek

LSUDeek All That She Wants...

Man, where's this coming from? Last week you were all but sure Smith was over Rodgers...

3. TigerInTally

TigerInTally Founding Member

Utah's opponents suck.

I'm not saying that Meyer will fail at FU, however, you have to take Utah's competition into consideration. The toughest defense that Meyer faced at Utah was New Mexico (ranked 25 in total d) none of the other teams that Utah faced was ranked higher than 52 in total defense. In fact, most were ranked in the 60's 70's, and 80's. Yes, Meyer ran an agressive, attacking offense, but its probably pretty easy to look like an offensive superstar when you are playing teams like these.

For me, I'm willing to give Miles a chance. If I remember correctly, up until last year most people were saying the Jimbo was one of the greatest offensive minds coaching in college. What happened? Did he have a head injury? We have one season where offensive production is erratic and some people are ready to write him off.

And by the way, I still like our chances to beat Florida. :geauxtige

4. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

Who I like doesn't mean Im a scout. the scouts are split down the middle on these 2. Id pick Smith everyday over Rodgers simply cuz Ive followed him closer with Meyer at Utah and saw how hard he worked.

I still say he goes one cuz Aaron Rodgers is barely over 6'.

yes rex, we know you get more excited counting fake ballots.

5. tirk

Re: Utah's opponents suck.

i like our chances to beat UF also. LSU is the cream of the crop as long as we get good QB development. Not sure why people are hellbent one way or the other thety UM is great or horrible. Odds are he will be a good coach as will Miles. Not gonna get into it with these over the top nutjobs.

6. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

axd-whatever, mentioned that Meyer would never put up with a player like RP (attitude, etc.). That's where it came from.

7. tirk

lol was referring to the other thread where he's either king or pauper. If you think he will do well it means you drink the kool-aid from his success at Utah. It can't be you followed their team and liked what you saw through his players and teaching. Its all hype.

If you feel he will fail, its because you're smart to realize hes unproven in a weak conference.

very little middle ground.

both miles and meyer will be good for the SEC i believe. possible long time rivals.

8. axd9142

axd9142 Founding Member

Won of the biggest problems in the Nick Saban era was that no mater how many talented quarterbacks we recruited we never got them to contribute.
    Tennessee started with the not so highly recruited Eric Angie and another guy. Eric Angie played real good even though he was never rated highly as JaMarcus Russell. Infact the week after Georgia handed us our worst defeat in the Nick Saban era, the young Angie went to Athens and beat Georgia ( and basically threw the bulldogs out of contention for the NC and SECCG) in a close game. Angie did not have 5th year senior to bail him out of trouble. He also did not have JaMarcus' talent. He was hardly recruited out of high school.
    Then he and his number 2 got hurt and in came Rick Clausen. The same guy who used to start behind Marcus Randall, looked so ordinary, got frustrated and transfered to Tennessee. With virutally no defense to help him, Clausen kept Tenneessee going, even against a vetran Auburn team. The same guy who could not make it at LSU. Now Nick Saban was never a great offensive guy. Who was responsible for the QB's? The Offensive Co-ordinator. In the NC season Mauck used to call the plays virutually himself. Remember when he used step over the line see the defensive formation and change the play. That is why we won. Mauck may not have had great atheletic ability but he had the brains and maturity to run the offense. Now we have young and immature QBs. They will do good if they are nurtured, not otherwise. Meyer is a kind og guy who can do that, maybe Miles to some extent. But not Jimbo. He can juggle QB's. Thats his skill.

9. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Yeah. That Mauck guy never accomplished squat. :dis:

10. tirk

one, matter, ainge.

keep trying to put the current LSU coaching staff in a bad light and Meyer on a pedestal and you'll continue to look foolish. jimbo has a NC ring, UM and LM do not.