Gators not as bad as their fans think.

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by SovietGator, Sep 21, 2003.

1. Chip82

Chip82 Founding Member

The loss to LSU on Saturday was not the end of the world for the Dawgs.

Georgia still has a good chance of winning the East by beating Tennessee, which is not an unreasonable task as Georgia has now won three straight against the Vols..

As far as Zook goes....

His future at Florida has more to do with what he does against Miami and FSU than anything else. Florida fans can only take so much of the lack of workplace bragging rights.

And I doubt that Zook will beat FSU this year as well..

Soviet Gator is absolutely correct. The Florida instate rivalry situation is BRUTAL.

Also, Zook made quite a few enemies of coaches within some of the better recruiting areas of the state when he withdrew some scholarships and then had some lowly assistants make the calls rather than face the players himself. The Florida media hammered Zook on this issue.

2. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

OK well leave sober (I dont drink either because I am the driver) but I hope you have a good trip and your wife enjoys herself. Just remind her every school has its idiots, they make up about 1 percent of the entire fan base.

I want every opposing fan to leave with an L but to say, well I had fun before the game and Tiger Stadium is a great place to watch a game (IN the end its just a game)
    I mean dont expect rose petals to be tossed at your feet, I dont think people yelling Tiger Bait is bad, matter of fact its fun, just like the Gator Chomp is done to me about 600 time when I am at UF. Its fun, its part of the experience, I encourage that.but foul language or lewd comments or You suck is not neccessary and I hope LSU fans do their part to make sure that we kick the crap ourselves out of the ones who are doing it..

3. SovietGator

SovietGator Founding Member

Texas,

It will be a good time, I'll be with a lot of friends from there and sitting in the Gator section in the endzone.

chip,

FSU will hammer UF this year, Zook will be gone after this season or his entire coaching staff will be drastically altered by the AD atleast.

4. SouthLink02

SouthLink02 Founding Member

Florida.....just lose to us. Just do it....please?

5. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Thats something that scares the hell out of me. Every Saturday and Sunday there are 50,000 + fans in scores of stadiums thoughout the USA. All it would take would be for 10 or 15 raghead suicide bombers to buy tickets in different locations in a packed stadium. God help us all but if that ever happens I say launch pre emptive nuclear strikes on all Arab nations and wipe them from the face of the Earth.

6. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Darth Visor is gone. I never really dreaded Florida as a football team. It was Spurrier, he was audacious and completely unpredictable. And a jerk who ran up the score on a lot of beaten teams. The biggest injustice of the 21st century to me is that Spurrier is not here when LSU has a contender, we owe him a lot of payback that will never happen.

Maybe we can get a shot at Franchione in a bowl game.

7. SovietGator

Bengal,

That has always been in the back of my mind too, The Sum Of All Fears by Tom Clancy.

I agree, if or when it ever happens turn the desert to glass. The Japs were the same way with Kamikazes and all their blind hatred. When we dropped the bombs on them they woke their a$$ses up and steered straight, never heard a peep out of em' since.

Not that the Rags will be scared straight that easily, they are far more fanatical that the Japs because of one thing/problem, RELIGION/FAITH...

Let's just hope it never comes to that, although I have a sneaking suspicion it will. I'm 36 but I will be ready to sign up if they ever do something like that. I just hope our National Security does a little bit better job of stopping it. Of course bombing a stadium and wiping out 90,000 is MUCH EASIER than flying a plane into the WTC and killing 3,500. :shock:

8. SovietGator

red,

Understand your plight. But Spurrier was at his best when he had a great defensive coordinator like Pruett or Stoops. He hired two losers in Hoke and Thompson, he also went through about two others during his reign at UF.

But Spurrier's offense with Charlie Strong's defense would have been truly scary. If Spurrier were still here (I know I sound like a Bama fan) UF would be undefeated and ya'll would be quaking in your boots. Be glad he's gone and hope Saban sticks around and be done with it.

I know that's easier said than done, I wish The Bear (In his prime at Bama) had been around in the 90's so Spurrier could have whipped his cheating overrated a$$. If he had been, he wouldn't have been able to cheat like he did way back when and assemble all those teams that won 145 Tainted National Championships. :dis:

9. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Not necessary. USA should just promise them right now that if a nuclear terrorist act occurs here, then Mecca disappears in 30 minutes. Make 'em worry about that and it may never happen. This is the reason Israel's neighbors no longer want to drive Israel into the sea. They know full well what Israels last target would be.

10. SovietGator

red,

Great point! We could also hijack their satellites and show footage of Hiroshima and Nagasaki 24/7 and tell them the fury we would unleash on them would be 100 times greater than Japan received, and that when we were done there would be nothing left for them to fight over, or no one left to rebuild it.