Gators not as bad as their fans think.

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by SovietGator, Sep 21, 2003.

1. SovietGator

SovietGator Founding Member

South,

I guarantee you a victory. What do you want in return if I'm wrong?

memphis,

Yeah Florida produces a few Parade All-Americans but they don't leave the state too often. The University of Florida has tons of Parade All-Americans on the roster but all the talent in the world means zilch when there is no one there to coach it properly.

Sit back and watch the Florida meltdown this season.

2. SouthLink02

SouthLink02 Founding Member

Nothing. I just want the damn win. LOL

3. Chip82

Chip82 Founding Member

The FA/GA game always has an intangible quality to it so the only certainty about it is uncertainty.

If the Dawgs want to win the East, they simply have to beat Florida and Tennessee head to head and that task is not an unrealitic possibility.

As I said before, Zook is in more trouble because of his losses to instate FSU and Miami. He hasn't beat either one and will probably lose again to FSU in November.

Or will his brilliant victory over mighty Florida A & M be enough?

By the way, everyone seems to be giving credit to Spurrier for bringing the Florida program to a higher level.

In reality, it was Mike Shanahan who took the OC position at Florida in the mid 80's under Charlie Pell who turned the Florida program into an SEC contender.

4. SovietGator

SovietGator Founding Member

Chip,

You know your Florida Football history. Pell built it all, true he had the help of Mike Shanahan, and FSU's great Defensive Coordinator Mickey Andrews used to coach at Florida too. Pell cheated to build what he did though. Hey, Pell was a Bear disciple so what do you expect, he learned from the best. Of course we all cheated back then.

Pell's 1984 Florida team were National Champions in a few polls.

http://www.ncaa.org/champadmin/ia_football_past_champs.html

It was Pell that built the Booster base into what is today at UF. He made friends with Ben Hill Griffin (Many, many Millions) and many other rich Gator fans and the rest is history.

Spurrier took Galen Hall's excellent talent in 1990 and ran/won with it. Galen Hall was no slouch either, he could recruit. Hall and Pell laid the groundwork and Spurrier cemented it.