Geez, some people need to do their homework

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by SouthLink02, Aug 8, 2003.

1. SouthLink02

SouthLink02 Founding Member

So I am driving to Lowe's in Athens today and I turn on an Atlanta SportsTalk radio station and they are talking about LSU. They mention how LSU being at Bama was a bad thing because LSU's has always had home-field success against Bama. Huh?

So I call in and tell them the truth and the guy argues with me!!! Finally, he got his stats out and apologized and then asked me what I thought about LSU and I said nothing but good things.....

2. BayouBengal

BayouBengal Founding Member

At least you set him straight. Bama has dominated in Baton Rouge but I beleive it is somewhere close to .500 in Tuscaloosa/Birmingham.

3. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

So, let's see. Atlanta Talk Radio listeners are hearing how LSU dominates Bama at DV and you call up and tell them "No, the Tigers are Bama's bitch in Baton Rouge". Gee, thanks a lot. ;)

4. MobileBengal

MobileBengal Founding Member

Actually, I think he was talking about in Tuscaloosa, but point still applies.

Thanks a lot!;)

5. profneo

profneo Founding Member

I know what you're talking about. I always see some talk show host, broadcaster, reporter, etc. making some stupid comment/mistake. Makes me think I should have went into journalism or something. If my whole job was to follow sports, I'd have my facts straight.

6. SabanFan

I don't know. The way I read it is the talking heads were saying it's bad for LSU to be playing Bama on the road since they (or so they thought) bitch slap Bama around at LSU's home. Southlink, straighten us out.

7. SouthLink02

SouthLink02 Founding Member

No, I was helping LSU out. These guys were actually pegging that game as a loss to LSU BECAUSE of the supposive home-field domination. So, I called up and told them that it wasn't true. LSU had a BETTER chance of winning at Bama as seen the last few years.

8. SabanFan

Oh...Never mind. - Emily Litella

9. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

It just goes to show you - Its always something - Rosann Rosannadanna

10. SabanFan

What's that green thing...it's stuck in your teeth...it's disgusting. - Roseanne Rosannadanna to Jane Curtin