George Felos's Agenda

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Sourdoughman, Mar 31, 2005.

1. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

http://journals.aol.com/justice1949/JUSTICEFORTERRISCHIAVO/entries/326
    "but an investigation of the Hospice's annual reports reveals a new twist in the case of Terri Schiavo: George J. Felos was the official but unseen hand of the Hospice - and he advocates death for those in his care."

http://www.sptimes.com/News/052501/Floridian/The_spirit_and_the_la.shtml
    "He wanted to see Browning for himself. She could not speak, but Felos says his spiritual side picked up on something. He says her soul cried out to his soul and asked, "Why am I still here?"

Browning died in 1989 of natural causes while the case was still unresolved, but the suit has had a lasting effect on the law. In 1990, the Florida Supreme Court ruled that a living will can allow caregivers to withhold food and water from an incapacitated person, even when death is not imminent.

After the Browning case, Felos became a volunteer for the Hospice of the Florida Suncoast, sitting and talking with terminally ill patients. On his living room shelf sits a book for hospice training, Dying Well, by Ira Byock.

In recent years he has been writing a book of his own: Litigation as Spiritual Practice. In 320 pages, to be released this fall by Blue Dolphin Publishing, Felos contends that his belief in God is what drives him, even in the civil courtroom where the object is to win, or at least settle for an adequate sum.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    George Felos, another Doctor Death, did you hear his interview today.
    I know most of the people that oppose me are for Euthanasa but George Felos
    had an agenda and followed through.
    A lot of people have been dupped, its not hard to do a search and find info
    for yourselves.
    http://caosblog.com/archives/2005/03/26/conflict-of-interest-between-felos-and-greer/
    http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=36052www.independentliving.org/docs5/Wolbringeuthanasia.html
    http://www.wf-f.org/0601Livingwills.html
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    His comments told the real story

2. Sourdoughman

So, let me get this straight?
    Everyone on this forum doesn't find it a bit odd, The way that George Felos sugar coated this whole thing?
    No pictures or videos since 2001?
    Everythings a secret?
    Odd or not?

3. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

Man, the media baited you hook, line, & sinker didn't they?

4. CParso

CParso Founding Member

holy crap! He had an agenda? Whoaaa. Who was it around here a few days ago saying that everyone has an agenda?

Whether he had an agenda or not is irrelevant. The other side has agendas as well. These things shouldn't come as a suprise.

EDIT: At first I thought I didn't have an agenda in the matter, but have since realized that in fact I am against the government enacting laws to enforce church-given morality, which has shaped my views on the subject. (Common good morality is a different matter.)

5. Mystikalilusion

Mystikalilusion Founding Member

With the money in the fund nearly exhausted, Bushnell said neither she nor attorney George Felos have been paid in more than two years. Throughout the case, she said, she has been paid a total of $80,309 and Felos $358,434. A judge approves all legal costs, she said, adding that Michael Schiavo does not have control over the guardianship fund.

There's Felos's agenda. Pro Bono work for the past two years. . .

6. NoLimitMD

NoLimitMD Founding Member

NO NO NO! He HAD to have had an agenda, right? I mean, why else would he represent a client and do his job? :dis:

7. LSUDeek

LSUDeek All That She Wants...

While a Christian, I don't agree with the church or the government on this. Once brain-dead, you are already dead. There is no use wasting money on life support equipment for an empty shell of a person.

8. Sourdoughman

Quite the opposite, You guys have been baited hook, line, and sinker.
    You are the ones that didn't bother to read some of the links above
    about Michael Shiavo's and George Felos real agenda.
    Just maybe it wasn't Terri's agenda that was carried out, rather the ex-husband and the lawyers agenda.
    You guys should've at least looked at the quotes from the Book that George
    Felos wrote himself.
    You guys didn't bother to look at the link and quotes I provided from the St. Petersburg Times.
    I won't waste my time with this subject on this forum anymore.

9. KTeamLSU

KTeamLSU Founding Member

You argue with your heart SDM and not with your brain. I respect it but there is nothing anyone can do about it. Government trumps, we put em in office and they make law, the Supreme Ct says whether they are constitutional or not.... the end.

10. Sourdoughman

Not my brain?
    I used my brain to at least check out George Felos's biography and what he
    stands for!
    I have the talent to argue with my brain and my heart at the same time. :hihi:
    :grin: :helmet: