George Felos's Agenda

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Sourdoughman, Mar 31, 2005.

1. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

1) This wasn't a typical case, The parents should've been guardians once
    Mr.Shiavo moved on.
    2) Yes
    3) Living Will, yes
    4) Nope, just cases where there is a conflict of interest.
    5) I no longer support Euthanasia, I once did for the terminally Ill
    http://www.independentliving.org/docs5/Wolbringeuthanasia.html

Terri is dead but who are you to tell me to move on?
    If I find an agenda like George Felos has then I will expose it for what it is.
    I know, you didn't bother to read his biography or parts of his book like every
    one else around here.
    I'm sure you won't bother to read the link I provide of why I won't support Euthanasia anymore either.

George Felos has ESP and can communicate with peoples sole's when they die so I have ESP and can communicate with them while their still alive! :hihi:

I will move on now because I am ready, I exposed George for what he is! :cry:

2. Sourdoughman

The whole problem I have with this is that it always goes beyond the boundaries of where it starts.
    A lot of things start out with good intentions but turn out otherwise.
    Abortion, its easy for people to get abortions, they are just as available as going to McDonalds, doctor's offices, clinics on the corner.
    Then there are 3rd trimester abortions?
    Let's assume we live in a capitalist society which we do.
    Let's assume that I am for legalizing Euthanasia.

This will be a new industry, big time industry just like the rest.
    There are plenty of people that would be dying to be part of this industry. ;)
    Doctors, morticians could actually put you down right in the funeral home,
    What a convenient way to go!
    Heck, maybe people would pretend to be doctors just like they have done at being plastic surgeons, whats the difference?
    They are going to Euthanize you anyway?

Maybe people who would otherwise try and commit suicide would go into a clinic and
    pay someone to give him a shot because he is out of luck or a loser.
    Whats the difference, He is willing to pay the same money or more than someone else?

3. TigerWins

TigerWins Founding Member

lol, Sourdough ... you quoted my post at the same time I was deleting it. I had second thoughts about jumping back into this discussion.

My point was simple ... we can't do anything to bring Terri back. You say this is a unique case, and I agree, but a similar case will probably happen again in the future.

I was aware of George Felos and his book before this case exploded. I don't care for the man or many of the things he said during this case. But his personal beliefs has nothing to do with the law.

Banning the removal of a feeding tube is another example of big government and pro-lifers wanting to control my life. A feeding tube is nothing more than an artificial medical device. We all should have the right to refuse medical treatment. It should be my choice.

I've never understood why people, or the government, cared how and when I die. If I choose to put a bullet in my head, legally nobody should care. Nobody should care if I wanted to hire someone to assist me in dying. It's all about my personal choice.

We all make personal choices everyday that affects when and how we die, such as smoking, drinking, eating too much, etc .... should we pass legislation banning these choices as well?

As long as my personal choices don't directly affect you, like drinking and driving, then nobody should really care what choices I make.

End of my rant...

4. Sourdoughman

Quote:I was aware of George Felos and his book before this case exploded. I don't care for the man or many of the things he said during this case. But his personal beliefs has nothing to do with the law.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    True, maybe this is whats wrong with the law, to cut and dry, no morals involved.
    This is why I started this thread, so others like you would be aware.
    Banning the removal of a feeding tube is another example of big government and pro-lifers wanting to control my life. A feeding tube is nothing more than an artificial medical device. We all should have the right to refuse medical treatment. It should be my choice.
    I'm not sure about this?
    You may be right but I would rather see another way for someone to die than a slow
    agonizing death.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I've never understood why people, or the government, cared how and when I die. If I choose to put a bullet in my head, legally nobody should care. Nobody should care if I wanted to hire someone to assist me in dying. It's all about my personal choice.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    True, legally is just the correct word.
    Our society has an obligation to its moral conduct as a whole, once barriers are broken
    there is no turning back.
    Our legal system is so "legal" that there are no morals involved, matter of fact the Judge Greer was in contempt of congress and the president.
    So who really is running the country?
    We all make personal choices everyday that affects when and how we die, such as smoking, drinking, eating too much, etc .... should we pass legislation banning these choices as well?
    As long as my personal choices don't directly affect you, like drinking and driving, then nobody should really care what choices I make.
    agreed, Should euthanasia be legalized?
    I don't think so but I don't have a problem with someone making a choice if they decide to end it all and have someone assist.
    Using hearsay in court is another subject, there are so many things that happened that I don't understand about this case, hopefully we will get some answers. :thumb: