German Wings plane crash

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by uscvball, Mar 25, 2015.

1. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

Of course he did. He set the altitude to 100 feet. That doesn't happen on it's own.

2. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

That must be recent news. Haven't seen it. Link??

3. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

I'll look....I was watching CBS News waiting for the game to start and Sully Sullenburger was being interviewed....the comment came from him.

edit....I found it....
    "According to investigators, Andreas Lubitz deliberately set the plane on a doomed descent. Data from an aviation flight-tracking service shows the altitude setting was turned down to 100 feet -- its lowest possible level. That action appears to firmly rule out any possibility of an accident.

"Overt action is required to reach up, turn a knob many times to change it from 38,000 feet, to in this case, to 100 feet ," said Sully. "One would never normally in flight set an altitude of 100 feet."
    http://www.cbsnews.com/news/capt-sully-aviation-culture-germanwings-flight-crash-pilots/

4. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

I stand corrected.

I spoke with our Chief Pilot today who confirmed that they do have the Flight Attendant stand in the cockpit when one of the pilot's leave. I am amazed that this is the first I have heard of this. It pretty much contradicts the entire position that the FAA/TSA took with cockpit access after 9/11. It makes as much sense as patting down small children and 80 year old women if you ask me.

It's pretty obvious that this was deliberate. I am told that Airbus' software prevent drastic over-corrections by the pilot, which would stop another Egypt Air 990. EU reports are that the FMS was programmed to descend.

5. COTiger

Thanks. Iconthumbup.gif
    I think the last time I watched CBS News, Walter Cronkite was the anchor and the picture was black & white. IconLOL.gif

Attached Files:

6. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

And that's the way it is.

7. Tiger Exile

Tiger Exile Long time lurker

Isn't a Hornsby reference supposed to be in the Den?

8. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

I feel you but like I said, I had the station on waiting for the basketball game.....I was in the kitchen baking and couldn't change the channel. :eek:

COTiger likes this.
  9. COTiger

You were preoccupied and are forgiven. I can't speak for Red IconLOL.gif
    Out of curiosity, what were you baking?

10. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Islamic extremists haunt your fucking dreams, poor feller. Now you are seeing them behind every tree. Chill out and enjoy life. You want to be freaking out like psychobabe? Stress kills. It's taking years off your life.