Get a Glock, Get a Glock,

Discussion in 'Sportsman's Paradise' started by LSUTiga, Nov 21, 2012.

1. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

Don't know the freako.

2. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

Tritium night sights are great, and a good set doesn't cost much ($75-$100). Go to a pawn shop that specializes in guns... only takes about 5 minutes to have the sights put in.

Don't bother with the laser sight, too expensive and worthless on a hand gun unless you can't shoot for shit. Get used to the iron sights, and carry an extra mag or two with you.

The only items you need for self defense is a gun, 1-2 mags, a compact flashlight and a knife.

3. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Thanks for the tip and I'll probably do just that.

4. lsufan52

lsufan52 Lsu baseball fan from old box to new

yes have a 40 and 9mm,40 is super bad,9 is my wifes gun,plus laser sights really are the bomb.

5. lsufan52

don't buy federal cheap ammo,winchester is better,bought good ammo at gun show.

6. KyleK

KyleK Who, me? Staff Member

Dude, are you 12?

I really wish Brett would restrict the size of sig pics. I really don't need to see that huge ass pic 10 times per page.

7. lsufan52

that.s your post and 12 wake up.

8. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

.45 FTW.

BUT, as has been implied, the debate over 9mm being too small and .40 being so much more effective is laughable. Have people become that much harder to kill? 9mm ammo cheaper, more practice, equals more effective weapon.

I got the .45 because after shooting the 9mm, the .40, and then the .45, the .45 felt better, I shot better with it, and the difference between the 9mm and the .45 really IS a big difference in stopping power.

I shot Smith's M&P version of all three calibers, including the Shield in 9mm. The 9mm was fine, the .40 was way snappy, and the .45 was smooth as silk. Shooting them in that order, it's hard to tell, but I'd say the .45 was no more recoil than the 9mm. On paper, the results from the .45 were much better than the .40, and a little better than the 9mm. That's what made my decision.

I've only put about 200 rds thru it, and to date, no jams/FTF issues. I've shot Winchester FMJ, Speer Gold Dot, and even Tullamo with steel casing (dirty round). The Tullamo was because when I went to get ammo at the local Academy, they were out of everything else. Funny, the Tullamo was more consistently accurate from 25', although the groups from all three were fine. You just better make sure you break it down and clean it after shooting the Tull.

The M&P comes with interchangeable backstraps. Those of you that know me know I'm not a big guy, and I tried the medium backstraps first. Didn't mind, but wanted to try the small. HATED it. Tried the large one, LOVED it. I guess it just fits between the thumb and forefinger better. I shoot comfortably with the large backstrap.

Whenever the M&P does anything other than go bang when I pull the trigger, I'll look at Glock. Glock certainly has a good rep when it comes to reliablity though, and that's an important feature. Ugly ass guns though. (queue Okie racking the slide... :ducksforcover:)

9. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

Oh and Tiga, your laser? "Hey bad guy...here I is...".

10. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

At work, can't see.

I'm looking to add a S&W Shield.