Get a Glock, Get a Glock,

Discussion in 'Sportsman's Paradise' started by LSUTiga, Nov 21, 2012.

1. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

I do that with my 19. It holds 10 so I put 8.
    Thinking about adding a 17 too. Keep it quiet though cause shane's been on my ass about a Sig.

IF you get one you may want to get the mag with the pinky extension.

I just put together an order of Speer Dot +P 124 grain then said eff it cause it was 24 bucks for 20 rounds.

2. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

I love it when women talk all cheap and dirty. :)

Tullamo FTW!

Mine seems to handle cheap and dirty ammo as well, but I clean that bish after using Tullammo. It's hard not to buy it when it's $7-$8 cheaper than Winchester FMJ target rounds.

Okie, that's one thing about the 9mm I'm jealous of. You're talking about $22 for FMJ being crazy? I was paying that much for .45 FMJ BEFORE the craziness...although I did find it for $18 when I made that last order.

3. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

whoa, wait, please tell me that wasnt just for target? isnt the speer gold dot +p 124 gr a jhp? if so no wonder the price. and for jhp, that is an average, tho not low price even pre-hysteria. if you want a a few boxes ppa, that would have been a decent price. i keep gold dot and federal hydra-shock non plus p in a jhp for ppa, and those ase are gonna be around $21 per 20 (or were, i have looked to see if they have taken a price jump since i have plenty of ppa on hand.)

and fish, it is all gonna be going up. at least for a while. i hope prices will settle back down, but once manufacturer's get us used to paying it, who knows. i found it in bulk a couple of days ago, and bulk should be cheaper, but it was what would average $20 a box. i cant rember if it was american eagle or blazer (i know i was specificially looking for blazer but will take whatever fmj i can find right now) but for either of those, that is still approx a jump of$5 per 50. for bulk! insane!

4. LSUTiga

No I wanted to get these to keep for real situations.

I picked up a box of PPU this morning. They were 14 bucks but Siberian made so they may be worse than Tumalo. haha

5. OkieTigerTK

i read some very mixed reviews on that brand. i couldnt even find definitive info on what they were made of and was wary of it. even with a glock. post how it does. even tho i need target ammo i passed on that some of the reviews were so bad.

and yeah, you need some good, tho pricey, ppa for real situations. gold dot and federal hydra-shock are the two that were highly recommended to me. gold dot is what most law enforcement personnel i know use on duty.

6. LSUTiga

Correction. Holds 15 and I keep 10 in it.

7. OkieTigerTK

i was wondering where the 10/8 came from. that is the baby glock. figured it was just a blonde moment.

8. LSUTiga

I'm not sure wtf was in my mind. I realized when asking about a G19 mag sale and it was a 15 rd. mag. I thought mine had a 10. Not sure what I was thinking.

Here, I came to post this for you since you're a Glock Girl. :D If you want/need anymore magazines. There are many on this site but a purchase limit of 2. I just ordered two.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/322793/glock-magazine-glock-19-9mm-luger-15-round-polymer-black

9. LSUTiga

TC whatchu packin? You need to become a Glock Girl too.

Okie, I wonder if OT is packing some heat? lmao

10. OkieTigerTK

everything for the 17 gen 4 on mags is out of stock. geaux figure. i did get another order from midway-usa today. have a good ups driver. he knew the "rattle" of the box and whenever i get one he he said he wont leave it unless i am home so he can specifically get it to me without worries of it being stolen. i think i do have one extra mag waiting for me in br. a buddy down there and i exchange lists of what we are looking for and if we run across anything text, and grab whatever supplies for the other if needed. he found one last glock 17 replacement mag in br a few weeks ago after hitting all the stores in town looking for things. but a girl cant have too many mags.

all this "out of stock" everywhere is really pissing me off.