Get behind the team

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUSPORTSFREAK, May 25, 2004.

1. LSUSPORTSFREAK

LSUSPORTSFREAK Founding Member

From SECsports.com:

The Tigers won all five of their SEC road series this season, including four against teams ranked at the time of the series -- South Carolina, Auburn, Tennessee and Ole Miss. The Tigers' 41-15 regular-season record is the best by an LSU team since the 1998 club also posted a 41-15 mark heading into the postseason. LSU reached the 40-win plateau for the 16th straight season, as the Tigers have recorded at least 40 wins each year since 1989.

Looks like we have a coaching problem.

Lets get behind the team, win or lose, and stop crying about the coaching. :geaux: :tigbas:

2. JSracing

JSracing Founding Member

Word

thank you!

3. martin

martin Banned Forever

i would like smoke even if he was a loser just because his name is cool.

4. mtntiger

mtntiger Freshman

Absotively

Part of the problem with this year's team is that expectations were so incredibly high, and I plead guilty to those as well. Since LSU went to Omaha with a team that a lot of folks had given up for dead last season due to injuries, we all thought that we would steamroll everyone in our path. A lot of us forget, too, that there are no gimme's in the SEC.

Now it's crunch time. Let's see what this team is made of. :eek:ldskule: :geaux:

5. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

Some posters said that we wouldn't lose a game, I really didn't believe that was possible because I've never seen a baseball team go undefeated.

Yes, I think the expectations were too high especially after football season.

6. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

That could hardly be considered "underachieving".

7. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

really? you didnt think we could go undefeated? lmao

8. Jean Lafitte

Jean Lafitte The Old Guard

Frederick The Great's Army.

After Frederick the Great beat up on Europe and then died, the Prussians figured that they'd be invincible forever if they just remained loyal to Fred's coaches and system of war. So they did remain loyal. They were more loyal to Fred and Fred's system that you wouldn't believe it. It was INCREDIBLE how loyal they were to that coach and that system.

Then came a guy with only one name: NAPOLEON, they called him. Fred had regularly had his way with the French before Napoleon, so the Prussians figured that they'd make shortwork of Napoleon if the Prussians only remained loyal to Fred's military system. So the Prussians picked a fight with Napoleon in 1806.

Fred himself would have been proud of the Prussian Armies that marched against Napoleon, because they were just like Fred's Prussians! Unfortunately, for the Prussians, however, Napoleon ANNIHILATED the haughty Prussian Armies that were so carefully molded in the image of Fred. Why? Because Napoleon used a new and improved military system that was superior to Fred's!

Poor Prussia! They weren't smart enought to improve on their military system, and France dominated their butts for seven long years as a result . . . Napoleon was finally driven out of Prussia in 1813 only after every major power in Europe went all-out to defeat him.

The moral of the story:

It is admirable to remain loyal to leaders and their systems of warfare, but do not blind yourself with loyalty. Warfare is constantly changing and your opponents are constantly improving and planning to beat you next year, no matter how easily you beat him in past years. Therefore, never rest on your laurels and always strive to improve, no matter how much success you've achieved in the past. There is a thin line between the Glory and Shame.

PS Let's get behind the team! It is a NEW SEASON now. The past does not matter. The line between Glory and Shame is more thin than ever right now.

9. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

I think I'm puddling up. :bncry:

10. MiketheTiger69

MiketheTiger69 Founding Member

Jean Lafitte is really Kellen Winslow, Jr. in disguise!! LOL