Get loud at the Oregon State game

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Gandalf, Aug 10, 2004.

1. Gandalf

Gandalf Founding Member

I know it's kind of a given, but Derek Anderson loves to check off at the line and adjust his play at the last second, the louder the stadium is, the harder it's gonna be for him to do that. He's an excellent QB, he likes to come to the line and wait to see how the secondary is shifting around and he makes very good reads based on that. It's gonna be important that his outside guys can't hear him.

2. Whitey4Man

Whitey4Man Founding Member

The crowd has won games for teams before due to the missed audible change by the quarterback, and causing a turnover. To be loud in a stadium when the opposing team is on offense is always a good thing.

3. TexTiger

TexTiger Founding Member

Derek Anderson is good, but so was Jason White.

LSU 42
    OSU 6

4. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

I realize it's next to impossible but I always thought it would be cool to be "really loud" at the time when the opponent is in the huddle calling out the next play. This would make it harder for the offensive players to hear the next play called, to get the snap off before the play-clock, etc. If there's any place it could happen, it would be Tiger Stadium.

I love how the crowd gets continually louder as QB's check off at the line. You think it's as loud as it can get and then you see another audible and the crowd gets even louder. I KNOW the Tiger Stadium crowd will be doing some of that for Oregon St. Don't have to ask twice on that one.