Get ND'S COACH!

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by clair, Jun 24, 2006.

1. CParso

CParso Founding Member

Looks like you got your wish!

2. TGer'nLHornLand

TGer'nLHornLand Founding Member

I'm not sure the gist of your post gets at what I was trying to get at. I was asking, if you were to compare the apparent two "known" frontrunners for the LSU baseball coaching job, you've got Pawlowski and Mainieri. And, I was trying to understand head to head, why someone would prefer Jim P. versus Paul M, given what they've done on paper. Clearly some, like Dandy Don, preferred Jim P, and I was trying to understand the reasoning.

You may be getting at the original post of mine, which expresses a sentiment for finding a proven veteran vs. an unproven one. But, I'd argue that Paul M. has proven himself to a pretty good degree. Strong record, consistent tourney appearances and a CWS appearance at a school not known for baseball seems to outweigh what Jim P was bringing to the table, which was, from what I could tell, a good young guy with a lot of interest and respect for the job. Just not as much consistent success as Paul M. But, I could be wrong, just wanted to see if others had some insight into this.

In any case, we'll find out at the press conference tomorrow where Skip's head is at. Seems like all signs point toward Skip going with the more experienced, closer to the "LSU family", choice.

I think regardless, this is a "change" that needed to occur and the fans are happy with action versus inaction.

good luck to the new coach!