Get your hip waders out boys 'n girls

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by shane0911, Jan 27, 2010.

1. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Cause it is gonna get DEEP tonight!:hihi:

2. DRC

DRC TigerNator

He better be careful. The independents have abandoned him in droves and he needs them back. I suspect he will be straddling the fence much more than before. He will talk less about health care reform and world opinion of the US and more about jobs and fiscal responsibility. I think the biggest mistake he will make is continuing to blame the previous administration for our current problems. All the polling shows people have had enough of that line. The public understands Dems have been in control long enough to make a difference and nothing is happening. In fact, it may be worse. The public also remembers his promises about transparency and being open but the perception is Chicago style backroom deals are the norm and its business as usual in Washington. Even the left wing ding bats on TV are starting to question him openly.

He's at a crossroads and probably vacillating on how to proceed. It doesnt help that Reid, Pelosi and the Emanuel's of the world are shaping his direction but so far they have let him down. The Dems vastly overestimated their mandate and are paying the price now. Obama can be a presidential President and reel his party in or he can continue to be handled by his handlers and become the quintessential puppet President. He's still popular enough to exert control but will he?

3. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Here's a preview:

blah blah blah blah blah blah blah inherited blah blah plah blah policies of the past 8 years blah blah blah blah blah saved or created blah blah blah, etc..

4. Krypto

Krypto Huh?

I bet we will hear a phrase like "To the American people, I hear you" quite a lot tonight.

5. PURPLE TIGER

PURPLE TIGER HOPE is not a strategy!

I'm also expecting some creative comments suggesting the stimulus, bailouts, etc. are creating jobs. I think people will read through this "spin" as well.

They want to pretend they were hired and ignore the fact the Republicans were fired. There wasn't much substance to this administration and it didn't matter as people just wanted to send a message to te party in control. We were so comsumed by the "history" of the election, few really cared about any realistic plans for the country.

Democrats and Republicans have both been put on notice by the voters. If you don't do the will of the people...kiss your rear goodbye. The Republicans are starting to get the message and can gain momentum due to failed policies of this administration.

Some Democrats are also starting to understand but will be screwed because their leadership Obama, Reid, Pelosi, etc. continue to push their own personal agenda and not the will of the people.

The first party to truly understand the voters' demands will win. People aren't happy so the party in office will be penalized the most. Republicans lost the Oval Office and people realize the Democrats have owned Congress for three years. The excuse of blaiming the previous administration loses strength with each additional failed month that passes.

6. Krypto

Krypto Huh?

yeah but the problem is we are screwed under ALL current leadership. The Republicans in Congress are just as useless as the Democrats in the Congress/House.

7. PURPLE TIGER

PURPLE TIGER HOPE is not a strategy!

"If you really believe in freezing spending, then come out in the State of the Union address and promise to veto the Senate Democrats' $80 billion spending bill, which they're drawing up right now, and say you'll veto the House's $154 billion spending bill, too."

(John McCain's quote on Obama's spending freeze announcement) :thumb:

I didn't want him as President either but believe he would've done less harm to the country and our wallets.

8. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

The to be proposed spending freeze is the biggest joke of them all. We are going to freeze spending at a $400 billion dollar deficit. Three years ago the Democrats were lambasting Bush over then record $400 billion deficits. Suddenyly that is a triumph of fiscal responsibility.

9. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

hmmm, i've watched every state of the union for the last 5 or 6 years but I have a poker game tonight and think I will skip this one. For some reason, I really have very little interest this year.

10. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

House Minority Leader John Boehner:

"It's like going on a diet after winning a pie eating contest." :hihi: