Gettin slower and slower.

Discussion in 'Sportsman's Paradise' started by jvalhenson, Sep 13, 2015.

1. jvalhenson

jvalhenson Founding Member

Last day for south zone first season doves. Man it was some kinda fine at daylight 55 degrees on my porch but no birds. Got 1 and feathered one and that's the only 2 I saw. Gonna stick with it sittin out here watch some pro games and hope a few more come in through the day.

2. jvalhenson

Well they stayed steady for me as long as I could have hoped for. Been out here all day watchin football grill deer burgers and now backstrap, and generally messin around the yard field and porch. Only got another 4 today and only saw 2 others so it's shuttin down just in time for first season to end.

3. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Throw moor corn.

4. jvalhenson

nah that wouldn't do any good anyhow. The horses and goats would eat all that before anything else got a chance. Couldn't bait if I wanted too.

5. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Just picking

6. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Eat mor chiken

7. jvalhenson

Did kill the 8th rattle snake of the year in my yard today. Freaking things are lousy in this field this year. Know if at least 3 others seen crossing rd into or out of my yard usually at the fence row and one in my brothers yard and one in parents across the hill. So 13 confirmed right here no tellin how many still unseen. They are always around but usually it's more like 2-5 a year total but this year it's been ridiculous. Plus the usual 20+ moccasins and even a few copperheads which we hadn't seen in years anywhere around here but they've suddenly shown back up. Kid got bit on the foot by copperhead at the church on my property couple months ago.

8. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

You clean a lot of fish and game on your property. The snakes probably smell blood and come looking for a meal.

9. jvalhenson

More for the field rats. Piles of them all over the field so they out there after that and bein surrounded on 3 sides by pasture they just cross through.