Getting FB Tickets

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by kjim, Apr 27, 2011.

1. kjim

kjim Freshman

I live in Michigan and I've always wanted to see a game at Tiger Stadium.
    My dad was a contemporary of Paul Dietzel when he was in HS in Ohio, and I grew up listening to them on satruday night on WWL.

I'm planning to come down for the Florida game on Oct 8. I've been following the prices on StubHub. Right now they're around $220.

I realize that I'll have to pay a premium, but would I be better off to wait and try to get them closer to game date.

Just looking for some advice from those of you who know the drill better than I do.

2. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

I would suggest a game other than the Gators. I would imagine tickets will be scarce and those that are available will be expensive.

The Kentucky Wildcats the week before might be a better and cheaper option.

3. Bud Lee

Bud Lee Call me buttercup

It is a gamble really. If you wait, perhaps LSU will be a 2 lost team that is struggling and Florida is not so hot and the prices will drop a little. The reverse, LSU could be on a roll and in the top 4 and Florida could be undefeated at the time. In that case the price per ticket could be $400 per. If you are locked into going to that game, and for what it is worth that is a hell of a game normally, then I would look for some good sits not in the upper deck and buy now. You should also consider the fact that as the season gets closer the tickets will be harder to find.

4. kjim

kjim Freshman

Got it.

Thanks for the info.

I've got Wisconsin season tickets and that's their bye week, so I'm kind of locked into the date. I'll probably buy soon and make the best deal that I can.

5. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

That should be one of the better games on the schedule and if you can only make one you might as well make a really good one. I wouldn't expect to see many tickets on sale outside the stadium for that one.

6. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

There are always tickets available outside the stadium and they are affordable for most games. There have been some good-looking counterfeits though, be careful.

7. Tiger15

Tiger15 Veteran Member

I plan on getting tix to the Auburn game! Really excited for this but I do wish Newton was still playin. Either way, my first LSU game and I cant wait!!!

8. mattyl2003

mattyl2003 Veteran Member

Hi all,

I was hoping you can help me out. Myself and 3 mates are coming over from London, England in September and we are staying in Baton Rouge for one night on the 10th whilst we do a road trip to Vegas.

We are going to the LSU VS Northwestern State on the 10th, but yet have purchased tickets.

I can get tickets from ticketcity.com for $65 each, which I am more then happy to pay for, but can you please answer the below questions.

1) Is this game expected to be a sell out? Or is this a lower level game?
    2) The tickets I can get are in Section 613 in the Upper Deck. Is this worth getting or the view not good?? Its the only ones I can get for 4 people in a row.
    3) What would the chances be of just waiting and buying tickets from the ticket office on the day?
    4) Any other advice you can recommend to us about the game and getting tickets.

Been looking forward to seeing a College game in years, so hopefully its a awesome experience.

Thanks in advanced

9. Bud Lee

Bud Lee Call me buttercup

1) Northwestern will not be a sell out because it is a lower level non-conference match. It is one of those games that you could probably walk up to the stadium and find tickets for $50 or less.
    2) The view from the upper deck is actually nice. I have sat up there a few times and it was fine. $65 a head is about $15 more than street value but the person selling them are probably adding their TAF fee into the price of the ticket. You should also try Tickets at StubHub! Where Fans Buy and Sell Tickets
    3) I’ve never purchased tickets from the ticket office on game day so I don’t know. But there is always goes looking to unload tickets to games like this, they walk around the stadium holding them up in the air.
    4) I would just buy 4 together in advance, chances are you want be able to do that game day, maybe the same section / gate but not in a row.

Game day on campus is always a good time. Probably be a one sided game but still a night in tiger stadium is better than a night not in tiger stadium.

10. mattyl2003

mattyl2003 Veteran Member

Cheers Bud_lee, that is everything I needed to know.

I re-posted in main forum, so apologies, but wasn't able to delete that post.

What about drinking before and celebrations afterwards? Where are some good venues for us to go and enjoy the local atmosphere??

Thanks