Getting FB Tickets

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by kjim, Apr 27, 2011.

1. piemelon

piemelon Freshman

I'm a Cal guy,wife and I are planning to fky...

from L.A. to NOLA and go to the LSU v. Florida game (have tix lined up). Is it a night game? Have always wanted to go to an LSU game and particulary a night game at Death Valley.
    Thanks
    Dave

2. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

We will not know what time of day until the season starts. Decent chance this matchup could be the annual CBS primetime game though.

3. piemelon

piemelon Freshman

Thanks for the info

Could go to the Kentucky game instead the weekend before. I heard what you said so need to think on it
    Thanks a lot
    Dave

4. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

I would stick with the UF game if you want the full experience.

5. piemelon

piemelon Freshman

bHelmLSU-Taking your advice.

Sticking with the Florida game. My wife and I have been doing these trips for about ten years, since I retired. Last couple of years we've managed to do a double. Two years ago, went to a Wisconsin game on Saturday, then a Green Bay Sunday night game on Sunday. Last year did Michigan on Saturday and Bears v Packers on Monday night. Unfortunatly the Saints are away on the 9th. Oh well.

6. Bud Lee

Bud Lee Call me buttercup

I would...but the ladies like it ;)

7. CaseyLSU

CaseyLSU Founding Member

Sure about that? :hihi:

8. laddo

laddo English NCAA/NFL Virgin

I've struck gold!!! Basically everything I wanted to know has been asked by mattyl2003 (cheers man). Like matty, me and a couple of mates from across the pond are visiting Baton Rogue for the Kentucky game on the 1st October. I've got a friend of a friend (another Brit) who lives in New Orleans, and as soon as I mentioned our New York/New Orleans 2 week trip, he mentioned that I should definitely go to an LSU game and experience the legendary tailgate. He's assured me its one of the best in the country, so have my heart set on a night time game at Tiger Stadium, and plenty of beers pre game.

We're in the same situation as matty, we know when we are in LU and Baton Rogue in particular, but haven't brought tickets yet, cos I wanted to know if there is a better (cheaper) way to get tickets other than just buying them off Stubhub or a similar site. Currently looking at about $100-125 for a 400 or 600 section. This trips budget is getting out of control as we aim to do football, MLB and NHL if possible (which the schedules say it is) but that means we need to save as much $$$ on tickets so we can do them all and still buy plenty of food and beer.

From what you guys have said on this thread, it sounds like its best to get the tickets in advance, and not leave it till we get to Baton Rogue. Not sure if having a mate in LU helps or not helps. If that is the case, which section would you recommend 613,618 or 404, 417??

Once we've got tickets I'll no doubt be asking lots of questions about gameday, where to be, what not to miss etc. (Quick thank you to Casey for the bar guide, much appreciated) But I'll save that for when I have the tickets booked and its 100%.

Been a big American Football fan since I was about 13, but only ever followed the NFL (and sadly for me I randomly chose the Vikings, so I'm no glory fan thats for certain). Although I've seen loads of games on TV (really good coverage over here on our Satellite TV network) but I've never managed to see a live game when Ive visited the states before, cos its always been the offseason or playoff time. So this trip will involve both an NFL game and a College game, and following lots of research and views of the student section and tailgate parties at LSU, this game vs Kentucky has now become the main attraction of the whole trip. So we want to make the experience as good as it can be. I know all about the tradition of tailgating, but the nearest I've got to it was a play off family house party watching the Packers last season on a 50" TV and eating and drinking too much. Good but I want the real thing this time.

I can't wait...

Thanks in advance for anyone who can help, or offer any more suggestions. The replies the original poster and matty got have been great for me and my mates.

Roll on Sept/Oct.

9. Bud Lee

Bud Lee Call me buttercup

Ah..now I know where I went wrong with you ;)

10. Richdog

Richdog 02 Cecilia alumni champs

your friend was wrong. Tailgating here IS THE BEST IN THE COUNTRY!
    you should be able to get tickets at the stadium for a decent price...under 100 a piece. i would not want to sit in the upper deck unless you can get the first 10-15 rows.

gameday. get there early. before 10 am.
    how many tickets are you looking for?
    i tailgate with several of my high school classmates and we usually have some extra tickets. but, i don't know for sure until gameday.
    if no honest people are selling their tickets, you can always find scalpers near the stadium, but buy from them as a last resort.
    get in the stadium at least 20 minutes before kickoff to see the band come onto the field.