Getting FB Tickets

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by kjim, Apr 27, 2011.

1. Bud Lee

Bud Lee Call me buttercup

The six hundreds are in the upper deck, so I would go with the four hundreds if I were you. 404 is going to be close to the visitors section (if not right by their band) so I would avoid that one. 417 is right under the scoreboard in the south end zone. I sit in 416, good place to be in my opinion.

Here is a link for you Tiger Stadium - Seating Chart - LSUsports.net - The Official Web Site of LSU Tigers Athletics

2. mattyl2003

mattyl2003 Veteran Member

Hey laddo.. yeh there has been some amazing advice on here. The people have been wonderful in helping us prepare..

I ended up just getting our 4 tickets off ticketcity.. Really good price considering its a broker site, and didnt want the risk not being able to buy any on game day..We got seats in section 613 row 10 i think for like $50 a pop, but its not a big game as your going to.

We are just getting them delivered to our hotel in Baton Rouge a few days before, and the hotel is mroe then happy to hold them. Highly recommend you do the same so you dont miss out.

All the best!!

Cheers all, and will be in touch closer so hopefully those tailgate invites make an appearance :)

3. laddo

laddo English NCAA/NFL Virgin

Thanks for the help and advice on getting Tickets and which section to sit in. We're probably going to need 3 tickets together (2 for certain , just waiting for the 3rd guy to confirm). I think we should buy the tickets asap (before I've even got my flight tickets, which are way too high at the moment but will hopefully come down in price in a future sale) to make sure we definitely get some, I really don't want to miss out on this now.

I'll try and avoid being annoying with too many questions, but no doubt near the time I'll be hoping to find out more about the finer details ( I don't want to miss out on anything good), like whether to take a cooler bag full of beers and set up shop for the day, or whether to just turn up walk around, see the sites, and see who looks friendly to chat to and hang out with pre game (I better get practicing on an over the top 'posh' english accent, it may improve the chances of people wanting to hang out, eat, drink and start LSU chants)

Matty, I may get in touch with you just before I fly out to the states so you can feeback the do's and dont's and review your LSU tailgate & game experience.

Hope you and the lads have a good'un in early Sept.

4. mattyl2003

Hey Laddo,

Sounds like a plan, will give you the low down on the experience..

Cheers matey

5. laddo

laddo English NCAA/NFL Virgin

Looks like the only choice is something like Row 11-13 in Section 613 for about $95 or Row 24-26 in Section 415 or 417 for $120 for the Kentucky game. Not looking to spend more than $120 for tickets so our options seem limited on these sites (I've looked at Vividseats, TicketCity and StubHub).

Which would Tiger Stadium regulars suggest out of the above options? Will it really matter come game time, I may be too drunk to really care, and will spend a lot of time looking at the huge crowd and joining in with the various chants/songs (I better find out what you sing in advance)

Unless my man in New Orleans can come up with a better option I may have to plump for one of the above tickets.

6. mattyl2003

Hey, we got tickets in Section 613 row 13... Guess its the same seller offering those tickets too. Heard they are pretty good seats, even tho they are high up, can still see everything...And your right, will be too busy enjying the atmosphere and crowd

Ours was considerably cheaper tho, but not a high profile game like your one.

If i was you, just fork out the extra cash now and get them booked.... Imagine it was a Chelsea v Man U game, it would be quite hard getting tickets come game day..

Good luck dude

7. Bud Lee

Bud Lee Call me buttercup

I personally would go with section 415 or 417, that is in the endzone. Good place to be and you will be able to hear both bands

To put it in perspective...

view from 417

[​IMG]

View from 415

[​IMG]

View from 613

[​IMG]

Only row 1 - 15 (I think) has the gold seats that you can see in the pic BTW

8. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

I sit close to those seats but on the 50 and only about 5 rows up and they are awesome. I keep turning down request for upgrades.

Anything higher than row 20 or so is not so great though.

9. Pintoracer

Pintoracer Somewhere in The Matrix

I must be crazy. Well, I am. I sit on Row 22 in sect. 617 west upper deck. That's the very top! Last row!!! I love it up there. Nobody telling me to sit down when I want to stand up. No drinks spilled on my back. A little more room to sit on that row as well. It's great to me. Granted, I would sit anywhere in Death Valley and be happy. I take my binoculars for close up views.

The lower rows of the upper decks are great as well!!!!

10. Richdog

Richdog 02 Cecilia alumni champs

you will want to walk around and meet people if this is your first lsu game.