Getting FB Tickets

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by kjim, Apr 27, 2011.

1. laddo

laddo English NCAA/NFL Virgin

Once again, amazing responses guys. Thanks in particular for the photo shots from each viewpoint Bud Lee. Looks like we can't lose I'll have a word with my partner in crime and see what he thinks. My opinion is in my big stadiums its best to be low down to middle looking up at the size of the stands.

But like I said, can't lose they all look good.

And Richdog, I'll definitely 'walk and meet' I ain't scared ;)

I'll let u guys know what happens, will have a word with my NO mate to see if he can better the internet deals I mentioned.

2. lsudolemite

lsudolemite CodeJockey Extraordinaire

Just my personal preference, but for football I like being higher up for a better view of the whole field, unless your seats are near midfield. Sitting low in the 410s will give you a good view of one endzone, but if all the action is happening 50+ yards away, then you won't see much of anything. Those seats in 613 look pretty good IMO.

3. Richdog

Richdog 02 Cecilia alumni champs

I sit in section 406...lower south endzone and the noise is alot louder than in the upper deck. I also have a better view of the golden girls coming out for pregame. :)

4. laddo

laddo English NCAA/NFL Virgin

(Surprisingly early) Update as promised.

The Good News: My mate has told me he has got me a pair of tickets for the Kentucky game sorted via his mate Johnny.

The Bad News: He doesn't know where they are for (which section)!!

From my point of view, as you can imagine the good news far outweighs the bad. But I'm hopeful they are going to be good tickets (How much they'll cost me I don't know).

I'll have to look out for these golden girls you talk about Rich. I'm sure they are delightful, looking forward to the many many views at the Tailgate.

So I'm coming to Death Valley (1st October) and this old man (in American College terms) is pretty damn excited!!!!

When I've spoken to this Johnny fella, I'll find out more details, I'll let you know.

Only abd news for you lot is, I'm likely to ask more questions come August/September on the finer points of October 1st in Baton Rogue.

Right off to try and sort out some Eagles vs Giants tickets.

5. lsudolemite

lsudolemite CodeJockey Extraordinaire

I stand corrected on the "view" then. :D

6. Dean-O

Dean-O Veteran Member

For my first post I wanted to say a big thank you to everyone who contributed to this thread. I’ve found the information very useful and put some of the tips into action when planning my trip to LSU – getting the tickets from Ticketcity and delivered to the hotel was a great idea!

My story is that my wife-to-be and I are honeymooning in the US from Australia in November and one of our ‘must-do’ things was a college football game. We opted for LSU based on the amazing game-day reputation that Baton Rouge has – you locals should be real proud that your rep is going global! Luckily the Western Kentucky game fitted into our plans and we are locked and loaded for it.

I’m sure I’ll post dumb questions as the excitement builds, but thanks for the help you’ve given LSU newbies so far.