Getting some closure

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by friedriches, Sep 17, 2006.

1. friedriches

friedriches mr. t

I'm about to watch the game on Cox, it's midway through the 1st. I'm going to see the bad calls while I work on some homework, then go about my week.

I need this to be over, but it just won't go away. This is such a mess. Last year in ATL for SEC Champ, it stung, but I got over it within hours- we had had a long season, and I was proud of my team for making it that far. This, I can't get out of my head. I went to a movie, I thought of it a few times (granted, the movie was Invincible). I was going to start homework, and kept thinking about it. The calls are eating me alive.

I'm going to watch it while I look over organic chem, and then be done with it.

Anyone else having a hard time forgetting it as just a loss? Or am I just really sick?

2. Cajun J

Cajun J Founding Member

I'd have to agree that the loss makes for a pretty bland Saturday evening & Sunday.....but at least the Saints won?!??!!

3. tigerm

tigerm Founding Member

It's not that we lost, but rather the way we lost (bad officiating having such a major influence on the outcome), that makes this so hard for me to forget about. Both teams competed very hard, but it's a shame that we were playing against Auburn AND the referees. :angryfire

4. TennesseeTiger

TennesseeTiger Founding Member

If I have to choose, I'll take a LSU win and a Saints loss. At least we know the Saints will screw it up themselves at some point.

5. friedriches

friedriches mr. t

OMG, I gave up on the Saints, and then to watch that teriffic three play thingy where they had a TD, fumble, TD- awesome! Definately made my day better to see the black and gold 2-0.

Oh, Hester caught that football, btw.

6. houtiger

houtiger Founding Member

I can move on from this. We didn't generate the running game we needed. It's hard to win if they don't have to respect the run and the pass. The D played well enough to win, the passing attack was good enough to win, the run game did not show up. Somewhere I posted before the game, I thought the key to the game would be our ability to rush the ball. We didn't, so we lost.

Everything else is woulda coulda shoulda. What would Saban have said? We didn't play well enough to win. If we'd have played better, the refs could not have had such a big impact on the game. We should all be stand up guys like Nick.

Would we all think Hester caught the ball if an Aubie had recovered it in bounds. That is the question you have to ask yourself, then ask yourself again and think about the real answer.

I have. I'm not sure Hester caught the ball. What I am sure is that there was not sufficient evidence on review to OVERTURN the call that it was a catch and fumble out of bounds, by the review officials. THAT IS REALLY THE QUESTION, IMO.

7. lsu_dane

lsu_dane Founding Member

Crazy Fact: If the Saints win next week, they'll have a longer winning streak for this season than LSU, and they'd have went undefeated for longer.

8. ccgw

ccgw luv'em Tigers

And it is also nice to see Henderson get a TD!
    ________
    Wellbutrin class action