Giada De Laurentis (Everyday Italian) best lookin cookin babe.

Discussion in 'Good Eats' started by snorton938, Apr 4, 2004.

1. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

I don't mind Bobby Flay but as a chosen one, he's on air too much and now he's annoying. Curtis Stone is heading that direction. Bourdain is one smart asshole. He's intellectually provocative but for me, what he offers in terms of food/eating experiences, I have no interest.
    You may not see them because you aren't looking or it just isn't in your area of interest. Of course they exist and to an extent, they have wrestled control of the word feminist and narrowly defined what it is, what it means, and exactly who can claim to be one. I find that repulsive and offensive. The dialogue between and among women has gotten worse in large part because of the feminist point of view.
    From Elizabeth Wurtzel (2012)..."Real feminists don’t depend on men. Real feminists earn a living, have money and means of their own." That in itself removes SAHM's from discussion as feminists in their own right. "Hilary Rosen said that Ann Romney had “actually never worked a day in her life" See, that's how it goes.

Some women don't have a choice. But I'm talking about the unspoken pressure to make "feminist" choices.

2. wjray

wjray .-.. ..- -.- .

You may be right but a review of some of their work points a little toward radicalism.

And a while ago I shared office space with a group that was a pass-through organization for federal grants to anti sexual violence groups. The original executive director was a reasonable, rational person and life was fine in the office. I even collaborated with them on a project. But she left and much more radical director took over. Eventually replaced the whole staff with women who were in the man hating club. That was awful.

And, yes, I'm sure @uscvball sees much more than we do.

3. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I hope that magazine has some good pictures. Just thinking about armpit hair is a boner killer.

4. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

Giada adds to her hotness by just showing oooo so little cleavage. Sometimes I hurt my neck trying to get a better angle.

This thread reminds me that someone of this board had a crush on Rachel Ray...Gross then and the same now.

HalloweenRun and uscvball like this.
  5. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Come on! You know you would do her.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

shane0911 likes this.
  6. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

i have a crush on bourdain. well based on his old show. only saw the cnn one a couple times. the one where he came here to lafayette was excellent.

7. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

That's interesting. For me, it is what he offers in terms of eating and experiences that always has my interest. Sure, he is curt and opinionated yet just the same, he is articulate, sincere and honest but most importantly, he loves people that love their food. He doesn't have to like the food to appreciate the history and culture that is behind the dish. He appreciates street food just as much as the establishments with rosettes.

But that works for me. Food personalities are liked and disliked for many different reasons,
    primarily taste and personality. I bet bobby Flay makes some pretty awesome food but the fact that he is an insufferable prima donna is what makes me avoid the network as a whole. Alton Brown is one of those people that I would walk over sleeping babies to avoid.
    That would be awesome. I usually don't read books with people writing about themselves till their dead, but I would be glad to read his just to see if he matches up the the person I believe him to be.

I will read his book on condition that vball reads it too.

8. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I liked the original Japanese Iron Chef but I wouldn't eat some of the stuff they cooked.

9. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Cooking shows generally bore the shit out of me. Can't say I've watched any of them more than couple of times. Bourdain talking about foods around the world is more interesting for sure. But that British asshole Gordon Ramsey and his restaurant makeover show is kind of funny. He really rips the poor schmucks who don't know shit about running a restaurant.

10. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

So much so that I can only say there's a reason I am leaving this state and re-locating to the Southeast.

Not....gonna....happen. I totally understand his appeal to male viewers. It's just not my thing.

Some I like, some I hate. Ramsey is a first class asshole. He may or may not know how to run a restaurant or a business. He is millions in debt and when his new restaurant debuted 2 weeks ago, it was as empty as a virgin's canal. He claimed sabotage saying a competitor made dozens of phony reservations but in those high end joints they require credit card and contact info to protect against that very thing. His 15 minutes are long over.