Give ONE reason why Brady should stay....??

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Guzzlingil, Mar 18, 2004.

1. poli

poli Founding Member

Well you can take that other opinion and file under garbage because he has yet to qualify due to an insufficient test score. And if he losses another 50 pounds (300 pound) range then that would be spectacular because he will definitely last another 5 to 10 minutes on the court in continuous play. But if we need him to play a full game without a break then he needs to drop down to the 260 to 280 range. Don't get me wrong he is a special kid but he needs to lose significant weight if we are going to rely on him to make a major freshman impact next season.

Sourdough

IMO opinion Louisiana had a fairly great basketball recruit season this year. There are four kids who I think are very legitimate in Louisiana this year having watched him all at various games across the state.
    1. Albert Weber out of New Orleans's Higgins High, who signed with Alabama is a kid that we as LSU fans are going to love to hate in the near future. This kid has some serious game and plays very smart and controlled. We definitely could use his talent next year at the point guard position.

2. Shan Foster out of Metairie's Bonnabel High, who signed with Vanderbilt is also one of my favorites this year. He needs to put on about 25 pounds for SEC play and he has not yet finished growing. He is 6'7 now but the reason I really like him is his smarts and ability as a forward to create things. Plus this kid has major heart. Vanderbilt really landed a major prospect with Foster and he will come back to haunt us in the future as well but not as much as Weber.

3. Martin Zeno out of Lake Charles's Sulphur High, who signed with Bobby Knight at Texas Tech is also a super propect this season. He is more of a tweener (cross between a guard and forward) but I was impressed every single time I saw him play. Not signing him was a major mistake.

4. David Gomez out of Baton Rouge's Episcopal, who signed with Tulane, is perhaps the biggest blunder of our recruiting class. How we let this kid sign with Tulane is beyond my wildest imagination. This kid has some serious game and why we didn't recruit him is beyond me. Gomes is a Forward/Center but suited for a Power Forward in the College game. He schooled Davis every time he played him in high school and when I mean schooled this kid took everything from him but his address.

I would have signed anyone of these kids months before signing Temple or Ford.

2. LSULSULSU

LSULSULSU Founding Member

If I hire you as a coach for LSU, who would you recruite to replace Big Baby & how would you do so.

3. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

because he is on salary and none of you yahoos who bitch would even go once the novelty of a new coach would wear off, nor would you have anything to bitch about. there's 2 or 3 answers. all you 'pretend fans' out there just biding time til football anyhow.

4. bayareatiger

bayareatiger If it's too loud YOU'RE TOO OLD

As a Baltimore Oriole fan I don't EVER want to hear that name again. :cuss:

We traded Curt Schilling, Pete Harnisch, and Steve Finley for that YAHOO...

No he's NOT the same one.

If he WAS, I would sign off as a Tiger hoops fan....

5. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

first I want you to answer a question

You tell me I'm bashing the program and its just talk and you want me to provide a link and I do.
    Then Poli provides information about Glen Davis and you choose to ignore his
    posts.

I said its a concern and 1 kid isn't going to save this program unless he's Shaq like I said last nite.
    If this kid is 6' 8" at 345 pounds I don't think he'll have the impact that we all
    would like him to have.

What are your crudentials that we might carry on our discussion?
    I've backed up my concerns so wheres yours?

btw, I'd love nothing better than have Davis= the next Shaq and have CJ or
    Pete back but chances are it ain't gonna happen

6. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

being an astros fan, I saw nothing one-sided in that trade. lol.

7. BB

BB Founding Member

Big Baby is qualified and he is good to go - I have no link, my sister doesn't date him, and I don't know him personally so don't start barking for me to prove it - I was told this a week ago by one of his current teachers who has been heavily involved in working with him on his grades...

8. gotskeeters

gotskeeters Founding Member

I've tried and tried, but cannot make a claim for Brady to stay.

If anyone listened to the press box show yesterday...Bring on Nolan Richardson! I know he's a bit on the racial, controversial, nobody can stand him side, but come on! The national spotlight would be back on LSU basketball. He can coach, and those boots would go good with a purple suit.

9. BB

BB Founding Member

I'm not sure how well-known this is, but in his ENTIRE time at Arkansas, Nolan Richardson had ZERO PLAYERS GRADUATE - this will not sit well with Mr. Emmert...

10. gotskeeters

gotskeeters Founding Member

I agree....I'm not a big fan of Richardson. Just thought that was an interesting discussion yesterday.