Give ONE reason why Brady should stay....??

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Guzzlingil, Mar 18, 2004.

1. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

lmao it was mike from plaquemine's idea...oddly enough we all agree its a great idea.

2. LSULSULSU

LSULSULSU Founding Member

Hmm, only the best of the best can play for LSU. Otherwise, you have a concern. You quoted 3 of the best players that ever worn LSU uniform. Everyone else is a totally failure for the LSU program.

Damn, Can u get Oneal, CJ & Pete on the same team; Otherwise, you are a failure.

3. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

No No No not the cowboy pimp!!!!! I change my mind keep Brady. :D :D :D
    I don't think we should settle for a problem child like Nolan Richardson. With Skip and Emmert we should be able to attract a better candidate. We are not going to get one of the top of the :geaux: :lsug: line guys from a basketball only school but we should be able to find a quality coach with a little less bagage than Richardson.

4. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

I certainly feel much better about a search with Skip/Emmert at the helm. I think a proven winner at a mid-major could be the way to go. I'm still fine with Brady getting another year.

Nolan Richardson (and Bobby Knight) will never be head coach at LSU so speculation is pointless. I wouldn't want either of them anyway, especially Nolan. ESPECIALLY NOLAN!!!!

5. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

LSULSULSU has no good points to make other than feebly attacking Sourdough without really reading the post before responding. At least come up with some answers as you are only proving you're not reading his posts and are attacking him personally for his thoughts.

6. BasileTiger

BasileTiger Founding Member

Great post

Great post!

7. martin

martin Banned Forever

one reason brady should stay: second in the west and 17-4 before injury hit sec player of the year candidate, who was second in the nation in rebounds.

8. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

Great post!

Quote:
    Originally Posted by poli
    Well you can take that other opinion and file under garbage because he has yet to qualify due to an insufficient test score. And if he losses another 50 pounds (300 pound) range then that would be spectacular because he will definitely last another 5 to 10 minutes on the court in continuous play. But if we need him to play a full game without a break then he needs to drop down to the 260 to 280 range. Don't get me wrong he is a special kid but he needs to lose significant weight if we are going to rely on him to make a major freshman impact next season.

Sourdough

IMO opinion Louisiana had a fairly great basketball recruit season this year. There are four kids who I think are very legitimate in Louisiana this year having watched him all at various games across the state.
    1. Albert Weber out of New Orleans's Higgins High, who signed with Alabama is a kid that we as LSU fans are going to love to hate in the near future. This kid has some serious game and plays very smart and controlled. We definitely could use his talent next year at the point guard position.

2. Shan Foster out of Metairie's Bonnabel High, who signed with Vanderbilt is also one of my favorites this year. He needs to put on about 25 pounds for SEC play and he has not yet finished growing. He is 6'7 now but the reason I really like him is his smarts and ability as a forward to create things. Plus this kid has major heart. Vanderbilt really landed a major prospect with Foster and he will come back to haunt us in the future as well but not as much as Weber.

3. Martin Zeno out of Lake Charles's Sulphur High, who signed with Bobby Knight at Texas Tech is also a super propect this season. He is more of a tweener (cross between a guard and forward) but I was impressed every single time I saw him play. Not signing him was a major mistake.

4. David Gomez out of Baton Rouge's Episcopal, who signed with Tulane, is perhaps the biggest blunder of our recruiting class. How we let this kid sign with Tulane is beyond my wildest imagination. This kid has some serious game and why we didn't recruit him is beyond me. Gomes is a Forward/Center but suited for a Power Forward in the College game. He schooled Davis every time he played him in high school and when I mean schooled this kid took everything from him but his address.

I would have signed anyone of these kids months before signing Temple or Ford
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    This is UNREAL, Is this really happening?
    When are others going to wake up?
    Going to Tulane instead of LSU?
    meantime the Titanic is Sinking and our recruiting class for this year is going to pot,
    If Glen Davis doesn't make it maybe Temple will be the next CJ by some miracle

This post should be more than enough for Brady to be gone, I hope the pro-Brady side
    gets a hold of this and puts their "spin" on it because I'd love to hear from their side

"this shows the Sad state of the LSU basketball program and I'm in shock and
    AW after this post"
    Like I've been saying since I changed my mind, No leader, No Coach, questionable recruiting and antics, this program is in ruins.......

9. BB

BB Founding Member

#1 reason Brady should stay: LSU fans are now embracing Basketball mediocrity and some of them are actually asking for it to continue - since John Brady is the patron saint of mediocrity, he should remain until the program is absolutely finished and resembles the Mississippi State Football Program.

10. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

The kid is always on campus, I see him in the quad nearly everyday (I don't know what a high school senior is doing there, but he is) and let me tell you the kid is solid. He may be 345, but he is not fat.