Give Turtle a chance!

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by ScottyB28, Apr 24, 2006.

1. JayB

JayB Never Forget 31

BULL CHIT! Small ball doesn't win championships... Texas, Rice, CSF have ALLL had a degree of small-ball in their arsenal and all have had GREAT success. It's all about balance, and obviously pitching is absolutely necessary in order to play small ball. I also agree in letting players do what they do best. I wouldn't ask a player like Stewart to bunt, but I'd also be against having guys like Hollander taking cuts trying to get it over the fence.

2. crawfish

crawfish Founding Member

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

why has he tried so hard to get a head coaching job?:dis:

tell that to arizona st., ole miss and even uno........

turtle was a finalist at asu a few years back. he'd be lucky to land a hs gig now.....

3. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

All those teams did play a degree of small ball as it was needed. They did not rely on it as their only means of offense the way an Arkansas does.

LSU is not good enough with pitching and defense to give up outs with sac bunts and flies when on offense. LSU would be much better suited to let their boys swing the bats. Smoke is too quick to play for one run, and it has cost us alot of games.

4. MikeD

MikeD Sports Genius

Would anyone be pushing for him to have a shot unless his name was Turtle? Would anyone know who he was if he was named John Smith?

5. ScottyB28

ScottyB28 Founding Member

Uhh, Yeah, I would! I'm not all for him being head coach, but I don't see anyone else out there that I would want that would come to LSU right now.