Glad I'm not a Georgia Fan

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by MikeD, Feb 27, 2003.

1. MikeD

MikeD Sports Genius

Tonight on Sportscenter, there was a story about alleged NCAA violations by Georgia coach Jim Harrick and asst Jim Harrick Jr. Former player and BR native Tony Cole was the subject of a 10 minute segment about his allegations. Cole said that Jim Harrick Jr. paid a $300 phone bill when he was being recruited and also paid over $1000 of hotel bills when Cole first arrived at Georgia. ESPN showed a Western Union receipt from Jim Harrick to his friends mom (where he was staying and whose phone bill had to be paid) for $300. There were also academic violations. When Cole was in JC he said that Harrick Jr did coursework for 2 classes that Cole received an A for. Also he said that while at GA he was in a class taught by Harrick Jr and got an A even though he never went to the class.

I'm kind of glad that he never came to LSU.

2. -T-

-T- Founding Member

Harrick cheats and gets caught. There you have the reason he was not hired at LSU.

3. tiger777

tiger777 Founding Member

damn the last thing the sec needs is another black eye.

4. dallastigers

dallastigers Founding Member

I cannot remember. What did he do at UCLA?

5. dallastigers

I just saw this on ESPN.com, but I thought there was more to it at UCLA that the expense report issue just gave them the best reason to fire him at the time.

6. tigerdoc88

tigerdoc88 Founding Member

At first glance, this looks very, very bad for UGA. But, keep in mind this is only one side of the story. Harrick has a history of problems at UCLA and URI, so it's hard to give him the benefit of the doubt. If this is true, he should be done coaching for good, and the UGA program could be in deep trouble too.

7. Goodlifetiger

Goodlifetiger Founding Member

Sounds a lot like a Dale Brown dealing with lester Earl. The student cheats along with school and the student gets by with it. Still no excuse for the coaches.

8. dallastigers

I was thinking that same thing. This guy had been kicked off the team. How can you truly have discipline if you are afraid that the player you need to discipline will turn around and turn you in for cheating. I hope all coaches take a look at these situations and realize that one day they might have to tell these kids no. It will be easier to do if they do not compromise themselves in recruiting.

9. Hub

Hub Founding Member

10. TennesseeTiger

TennesseeTiger Founding Member