Glad Texas is playing Bama

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by islstl, Jan 5, 2010.

1. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

I think we definitely got it right this year.

The clamoring for TCU and Cincy nows seems absurd in retrospect.

TCU did not look good last night. They had no offense against a suspect Boise D.

Their D was true to their billing, however.

2. PURPLE TIGER

PURPLE TIGER HOPE is not a strategy!

The SEC versus the Big 12 for the National Championship would be the correct call almost any year. (Sorry about that Pac-1 and Big 10 but you already have your cute little game and parade out west.)

This year it's hard to argue against the winners of these conferences playing for the title. With that in mind, I haven't seen a dominant team this year (including Alabama and Texas) who could be better than the rest. There seems to be very little separating the top 10-12 teams this year.

Alabama and Texas had several close calls and needed help form the officials to get this far. You could very easily see two other teams playing for the title.

In the end though these conferences deserve it more than anybody else.

SEC: :crystal::crystal::crystal::crystal::crystal:
    Big 12: :crystal::crystal:
    ACC: :crystal:
    Big East: :crystal:
    Big 10: :crystal:
    Pac-1: :crystal:

3. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

The only argument you could make is for Boise now. They did beat the Pac-10 champs and an undefeated TCU team.

However, we did get it right this year and overall the BCS is doing a good job. I mean, remember when 1 might play 6 and 2 would play 4 and 3 would play 5. That sucked. We have made at least some progress in crowning a national champion.

4. JohnLSU

JohnLSU Tigers

Give Boise State props. Their D was:

--#14 in the NCAA (#1 in the WAC) in total D.
    --#15 in the NCAA (#1 in the WAC) in scoring D

--#3 in the NCAA (#1 in the WAC) in interceptions
    --#11 in the NCAA (#1 in the WAC) in tackles for loss
    --#14 in the NCAA (#1 in the WAC) in opponent 3rd down conversions

--Boise State held Oregon's high-powered rushing attack to 31 yards on 17 carries in its season opener... and Boise State held Oregon to 152 yards of total offense.

The Boise State D faced five of the top 20 total offenses in the NCAA. The TCU D faced ZERO top 20 offenses.

Offenses faced by the Boise State D this season:

#2 Nevada
    #10 Idaho
    #13 Utah St.
    #15 Hawaii
    #19 Fresno St.

#34 Oregon
    #36 Tulsa
    #44 Bowling Green
    #64 Louisiana Tech
    #84 Miami (Ohio)
    #115 San Jose St.
    #120 New Mexico St.

UC Davis (Div 2)

Offenses faced by the TCU defense this season:

#22 Brigham Young
    #51 Southern Methodist
    #54 Utah
    #65 Air Force
    #74 Clemson
    #78 UNLV
    #79 Colorado St.
    #86 San Diego St.
    #107 Wyoming
    #103 New Mexico
    #118 Virginia

Texas St. (Div 2)

5. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

What if Alabama blows Texas' doors off? Cincy is a joke, but its because the Big Least is a joke. I think the Mountian West definitely deserves to be a BCS conference. What more do they have to prove?

6. TUSKtimes

TUSKtimes Riding the Wave

Big John, you are going to blind somebody with all those stats. They are for losers ,which is what would happen to them in the SEC. They basically play the children of the poor.

In March madness it might be cute. When only two are chosen, hardly.

7. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Man, Tusk, i may have to change my national title game pick because of the Longhorn fans on the radio. Unbelievable. Now i remember why i hate Texas so much.

8. TUSKtimes

TUSKtimes Riding the Wave

Do it, once you do there's no going back. I am somewhat saddened, you of all people haven't seen the light, yet.

I know I'm prejudiced, but they may have a greater sense of entitlement in their fan base than we do. Good Lord!!!, is that even possible?

9. JohnLSU

JohnLSU Tigers

I'm just responding to the OP's comment that TCU did not look good because they had no offense against a "suspect Boise D."

Ya, Boise didn't play anybody great expect for the Pac 10 Champion Oregon Ducks, but TCU doesn't play in a big-boy conference, either. So the stats comparing them is a lot more relevant that comparing their stats to an SEC team (and I didn't say anything about comparing them to an SEC team, don't know where you are getting that from).

As for talking about comparing TCU or BSU to the SEC... I agree with what you said in the Utah thread recently, mid-major powerhouses like BSU, TCU, Utah play easier schedules so they don't get as beat-up come bowl season like teams in big boy conferences do, which is why you see Boise State beating Oklahoma, Utah beating Alabama, etc. Like you put it:

10. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

na, Bama-Florida was the NC game.

1 person likes this.