Glad the computers are recognizing us!!!

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by "Hurricane", Nov 4, 2007.

1. "Hurricane"

"Hurricane" Founding Member

Ok, so Oregon plays 3 ranked teams, ends up beating 2, while LSU plays 6 ranked teams, loses only one in TRIPLE overtime on the ROAD. The human polls are ready to crown them the NC??? Oregon got more first place votes than LSU in both the coaches poll (2 to 1) and the Harris poll (1 to 0)!!! LSU barely squeaked by Oregon in both polls. Im glad the computer recognizes the quality of our opponents, which no one seems to address in the media.

2. phlashman

phlashman Founding Member

Well, if we win out, we still have the SECCG as well. And thats beginning to look more and more like Ga. If that happens and we beat them, we'll be right there because that would be another ranked team. Ore, on the other hand would be finished with their season and could do nothing about the polls at that point.

:tigereye::tigereye::tigereye::tigereye::tigereye::tigereye:

3. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Oregon has beat 3 teams who are CURRENTLY ranked in the top 15; whereas, we've beaten one. Where a team is ranked now adds more validity to wins. I think they're legit and because of that statistic, I was worried the computers would hurt us, thankfully, they didn't.

I'd be happy to play tOSU or Oregon in the NC game as long as we get to play in it, I won't complain. Let's not do like Ohio State's fans (Among other fan bases and "Experts") last year and say a given team doesn't "Deserve" to be there then go into the game and get shocked.