Glen Davis Honored by Dickie V

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TigerBait3, Feb 28, 2006.

1. blindside517

blindside517 Founding Member

he is a homer when it comes to duke....but I cant lie.....i am a big dickie v fan.

2. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

I think he is a good announcer. Though, the key is to not watch him a lot. I watch a lot off ACC games, thus allowing me to hear what a great pick Boeheim was for the Olympic team by Coach K...:yelwink2:

On a side note, Mike Patrick is a bigger Dook homer than Dickie V. He is awful!

3. Perple

Perple Founding Member

"He's a Dippity Doo Diaper Dandy, a PT P'er Baby"

That was 1990 it's 2006. Coach K & Duke players can no longer take a wizz without Dickie lifting the lid for them. He could be Ice fishing in Alaska and somehow work in a plug for the Dookies.

4. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

This will entertain you, lol:

> LINK <

5. NoLimitMD

NoLimitMD Founding Member

I've grown to like and appreciate Dickie V. Sure, he's hopelessly corny, but there's no doubting his sincere love and appreciation for the game. He's not like a rent-an-announcer, who just happens to be working a college game.

6. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

Kinda reminds me of Keith Jackson. Keith Jackson is a broadcast legend of college football, and I know he is great at what he does. Yet I am annoyed at his bias for west coast teams.

For Dicky V, he's the same to college basketball with his bias being for the ACC and specifically Duke.

Either way, they both entertain me and I am more likely to watch a game because they are a part of the broadcast.

7. NoLimitMD

NoLimitMD Founding Member

I think that's a good analogy. For some reason, Jackson's west coast bias seems to bother me more than Dickie V's Duke love. That could be because I'm a much bigger football fan, so I'm more indifferent about Duke. At least I can respect Duke. I really struggle to respect much about Pac-10 football south of Washington.

8. MCab

MCab Founding Member

Quick digression: My favorite announcer for any sport is Gary Thorne. He announced Saban's last LSU game, the one against Iowa (forgot what bowl it was). He could make ice hurling sound exhilirating.