Glenn Beck - Leaving Fox

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Rex_B, Apr 7, 2011.

1. Rex_B

Rex_B Geaux Time

Don't let the door hit you on the way out!

Glenn Beck to leave Fox News at end of the year when his contract expires - National Blogosphere Buzz | Examiner.com

2. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

1 down, now to make it truly fair and balanced they would get rid of Hannity, O'Reilly, Megyn Kelly, their entire radio cast, Ingram, Savage, Schnitt, the whole lot of em.

3. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

No Roger Ailes, the head of FOX, has always been a shrewd individual. He works for Rupert Murdoch, who is a kook that demands tabloid news. Ailes was brought in to do that with some style and restraint. After the Arizona shootings he told his commentators to make their points intellectually, not inflame the situation with inflammatory rhetoric.

He fired Beck for very good reasons. He had become a laughingstock among serious journalists. His rhetoric went over the top when he said that Obama "had a deep-seated hatred of white people". And he has lost over 400 FOX advertisers who refuse to let their ads support Glen Beck's show.

4. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Leaving when your contract is up is not getting fired. Beck still has ratings. Beck is not a journalist. Laughingstock? You must be thinking of Maddow or Couric (Funny we didn't get a thread about her ass getting canned... allegedly).

Beck's opinion about Obama's feelings toward whites was based on his (Hussein's) past writings and associations. Based on those, Beck is not far off the mark.

Beck is literally going blind. I suspect that played a large part in his decision.

Finally, you do not have any clue as to why Beck is leaving and you should learn to use the phrase "In my opinion".

5. TBTrumpet

TBTrumpet Founding Member

what's really funny is all the people who are celebrating this event as if it was actually important. Do you REALLY think that this will be the end of Glenn Beck?

6. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Do you have any idea of what ratings are and how they work? A few dopers and tree huggers opinions do not Factor in to these decisions.

You can, however, take some credit for the relative longevity of Ren and Stimpy, The Simpsons and Beavis and Butthead

7. martin

martin Banned Forever

if you strike him down he will become more powerful than you can imagine

2 people like this.
  8. TBTrumpet

TBTrumpet Founding Member

Liberals don't watch star wars because Obama isn't in it.

9. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

I haven't heard of anyone planning any parties yet, so I don't think that 'celebrating' is an appropriate term. But I think people are just glad that one of the most over-the-top nutjobs is being let go from a major news outlet. If you dislike someone, why wouldn't you rejoice in their misfortune? Republicans should be as happy about this as anyone because his insanity has become one of the de facto voices for their party.
    This is not even remotely funny or witty, but I feel compelled to point out that George Lucas is very liberal.

10. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

"We felt Glenn brought additional information, a unique perspective, a certain amount of passion and insight to the channel and he did," Ailes said. "But that story of what's going on and why America is in trouble today, I think he told that story as well as could be told. Whether you can just keep telling that story or not ... we're not so sure." -- Roger Ailes

Straight from the Boss's mouth. He says that Beck's schtick might have been getting a little tired.

Thank you, Captain Obvious.

"Half of the headlines say he's been canceled," Ailes said. "The other half say he quit. We're pretty happy with both of them." -- Roger Ailes​

Seems to be saying "Just as long as he's gone, we're happy". :biggrin:

You are not paying close attention to the story . . . in my opinion.