Glenn Beck - Leaving Fox

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Rex_B, Apr 7, 2011.

1. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

I don't know because I didn't look to see what quote you referenced. It doesn't really matter. You say this, I say that. Who really cares. I was only pointing out that snopes is ran by a couple of liberal hacks. Take that for whatever it is worth. You may take it very seriously, or simply dismiss it, again, it doesn't really matter.

2. martin

martin Banned Forever

no. "not you say this, i say that". i say facts, linked to the direct source interview transcript.

i care, i have always been interested in myths and how they spread. one of the reasons they spread is because people like you are indifferent to the truth relative to making their point.

3. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

You have to check everything, amigo. When all of the information came from newspapers and broadcast stations that were easily sued, a certain standard of reliability was maintained. The anonymity of the internet allows any bozo to say something completely false and libelous and it is instantly copied on 100,000 websites for someone to Google up and cite as a "fact".

I spend half my time on FSA shooting holes in phony facts someone picked up in a email or a blog. It's not just important to find a source, but also to investigate the source for reliability, accuracy, and credibility.

4. red55

Who says?

5. martin

martin Banned Forever

shane is using the sabanfan defense.

"Take that for whatever it is worth. You may take it very seriously, or simply dismiss it, again, it doesn't really matter"

distancing himself from something indefensible in order to not have to defend it. it is a very dishonest way to do things.

6. martin

martin Banned Forever

hey guys, i invented a new color. sure, i might be making this up, and it makes no sense, and if isnt true it a totally useless and meaningless thing to say. but yunno, take it for whatever it is worth. You may take it very seriously, or simply dismiss it, again, it doesn't really matter.

see the value of making pointless and untrue statements?

7. red55

That's a lot of words to say "take it or leave it". Given that choice, people always leave it.

8. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

Then how do you explain all these stupid chain emails that say things like "Obama was born in Kenya"? Most people will accept something that is presented as a fact, especially when it supports something they agree with. See all the emails SabanFan posts.

9. martin

martin Banned Forever

posting these things and then being unwilling to defend them is of course about as interesting as posting a string of random numbers of no meaning.

1 person likes this.
  10. red55

Some people are more gullible than others, clearly. But when a defense of one's own statement is "take it or leave it", then I know it has no legs.