Glenn Dorsey Dominating

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LaSalleAve, Dec 15, 2013.

1. Guido Merkins

Guido Merkins Founding Member

To each his own, I guess, but the NFL is a far superior brand of football, IMO. As far as passion, yeah, whatever. Hear that stuff all the time. In my experience it's not true. Great NFL teams have lots of passion and fire.

Also, you don't have to watch future NFL superstars play against guys who are gonna be pumping gas next year, so there is also that.

2. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

I just disagree. It is a "superior" brand of football, but it's a more bland brand of football, as well.

Don't get me wrong, watching the NFL is better than no football at all, like during the off-season, but I would prefer to watch college football any day over pro ball.

Bayou Bengal11 and LSUDad like this.
  3. Guido Merkins

If by bland you mean more complex and with far more size and speed, I guess you are right.

I know what you mean. I've heard it before. All the different styles of offense and such in college vs the NFL. But here's why that happens, it's because in college if you don't have talent on your side, you have to be gimmicky. So, Army runs the option. Teams run the spread. Teams with size, speed, and a QB run pro style. I get it. But these offenses don't work in the NFL because there is parity in terms of talent. The Saints don't play against directional schools.

The spread option was all the rage last year. This year it's been pretty much shut down because there is too much size and speed and your QB is gonna get killed. A few years back it was the wildcat.

Different strokes. I like the atmosphere of college gameday better than the NFL. As far as what happens on the field, IMO it's not close...

4. Guido Merkins

Oh, and one more thing. The NFL crowns an actual Champion at the end of the year.

When the playoffs start, college football will improve in my eyes 100 times. The BCS is brutal...

5. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

I acknowledge the validity of your post, but the fact that pretty much every pro team runs the same offense is a bit boring, in my opinion. Variety is the spice of life, after all.

Also, a trend that I hate in pro football is sitting starters for the rest of the season after the playoffs are wrapped up, or as in the case of RGIII, the playoffs are out of the picture. What a bunch of boring BS.

LSUDad likes this.
  6. cul2969

cul2969 Founding Member

I used to enjoy the NFL but I don't even watch anymore. Haven't in years. I just can't get into the NFL... football officially ends on Saturday as far as I'm concerned.

StaceyO likes this.
  7. lsutygr69

lsutygr69 Founding Member

To this I agree. I have no desire to watch NFL unless it involves former Tigers. I would love to go see the 49ers play just to see those guys play again in person.

8. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

I like the Saints and the two Tx teams, other than that, I watch teams to see former LSU Tigers play

9. KyleK

KyleK Who, me? Staff Member

Y'all must have more time than me. At most, I watch 2 games a week, LSU and the Saints.

ParadiseiNC, LSUDad and Pintoracer like this.
  10. Pintoracer

Pintoracer Somewhere in The Matrix

This!